Search results

1. nanoreefsrcool

Reef safe butterfly fish

Zoster butterfly,easy to care for and considered mostly reef safe.
  2. nanoreefsrcool

What do you feed your Angelfish?

just wanted to get some ideas. thanks -jordan
  3. nanoreefsrcool

Reef Setup

the nitartes are very high, i would do a 50 percent water change once then keep doing 10 perecent a week. what size tank do you have? also do u have any dirty filter pads that could be producing nitrates. lastly theres no way that brittle stars gonna live with nitartes that high.
  4. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

ok so i should leave it in until my nitrite and ammonia is zero then i can take it out, and start to do water changes remove nitrates. although il prob wait to do water changes so i can give my tank a chance to build more bacteria. -jordan
  5. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

i just tested my water today.... nitrite .25 ammonia .50 this is 2nd day with the shrimp, my tank is starting to smell so should i take it out now since my levels spiked? thanks -jordan
  6. nanoreefsrcool

Copperband Butterfly

i have heard good things about bluezoo aquatics and reef hot spot.
  7. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

i added the shrimp, i have it a net so it doesnt shed in the tank. il test my parameters tommrow to see if anything has spiked. thank you for all the help. -jordan
  8. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

so when i add the shrimp, do i take it out when it starts to decay or when the ammonia starts to rise? thanks
  9. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

i tested it on thursday then i went on vacation and i just get back today and its read 0 so im not sure if it ever spiked i think i might add the shrimp just to make sure it will spike, even if it is the second time probally wont hurt.
  10. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

its been 7 days since i set up the tank, i just tested my parameters... nitrates 10 nitrite 0 ammionia 0 do u think im done my cycle?
  11. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

should i put it in something or can i add it right to the tank? also can i use a frozen cocktail shrimp or does have to be fresh? my last reef cycled with just Live Rock so im new to this. thanks -jordan
  12. nanoreefsrcool

Cycle Help!!!!!??!!

i just set up a bc 14 ontuesday, i just had 16lbs of LR delivered yesterday and i was counting on the die off from shipping the Live rock would start my cycle but i dont think it has. i just tested my water today after adding the rock... nitrates 10 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 should i add a...
  13. nanoreefsrcool

Filtration For 75 gallon predator

i if i were you i woudnt put a trigger and a lion together, the lions fins are like candy to triggers. -jordan
  14. nanoreefsrcool

corals in biocube 14?

What do u think would thrive under the stock lighting? i know that zoas and mushrooms would be fine, im thinking i might be able to get a away with some lps at the top. my old 10 gal nano reef had 14 watts a gallon of pcs and i had almost all lps acans etc and they were fine so im kinda confused...
  15. nanoreefsrcool

Blue Spot Jaw Fish???!!?

thanks, i did see 30 gal on other sites but on nano reef.com they said min 10. im probally not gonna do tho cuz the magortity says more then 10. -jordan
  16. nanoreefsrcool

Blue Spot Jaw Fish???!!?

hi, i just got back from LFS and i bought a 14 gallon bio cube on sale. would a blue jaw work in this tank? i read that there min size tank is 10 gallons and it would be the only fish in there. thanks -jordan