Search results

1. chum

Chocolate Chip Starfish...compatibility issues...

I have two inverts, a pencil urchin and a choc. chip star in a FOWLR 55 gal. tank. What other inverts -urchins- starfish etc. would be compatible? The choc. chip is the most aggressive in the tank. 'lil story: It He crawled over a red Atlantic starfish half his size, and dissolved the whole...
  2. chum

November Harvest Time, Season Of Thanksgiving

Celebrate LIFE! During this season of THANKSGIVING.... pause, and reflect upon which thing/s in marine husbandry (coral, fish, equipment, etc.) you are the most thankful for and tell us why.
  3. chum

Christmas Tree coral: Popular?

How many people out there have a christmas tree coral? What do you do for it's care? Have you seen it recede, and then blossum up again? Here are some pics: It is blossumed out of it's "shell" 12 of 24 hrs. a day, but it is only one fourth of it's original size. I initially thot it was...
  4. chum

I want another Christmas Tree for Christmas

:snow: I have had a Christmas tree coral since March and am wondering how it propagates. Does anyone have one, or have had one propagate? Or anyone have any info? THANKS!:) Pics: sorry they are blurry. (I didn't know you should turn off all currents before taking pics.)
  5. chum

STARWARS: Compatibility Issues in a 55 gal. FOWLR

I have two inverts, a pencil urchin and a choc. chip star in a FOWLR 55 gal. tank. What other inverts -urchins- starfish etc. would be compatible? The choc. chip is the most aggressive in the tank. 'lil story: It He crawled over a red Atlantic starfish half his size, and dissolved the...
  6. chum

Ode To My Oscar

Ode to my lost 8 inch Oscar Cichlid Oh I am so stupid for not having a lid,:doh: For my grief is so heavy to bear, :tears: My dear friend, and pal, and beloved fish gal, Jumped out of the tank from a scare. The Large Cichlid was found this morning 10-22-07 on the carpet, when I woke...
  7. chum

Ready to tell my "deep secrets..."

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Three years into the hobby. Presently have 65 gal. 75pounds Fiji and Tonga, 2 inch sand bed. Fluvial Canister 300 filter. Prism Skimmer, 3 powerheads, 30" 2 -lamp 65 watt PC Dual Actinic (420NM & 460NM) and Dual Daylight (6,700K & 10,000K) Present stock includes...