Search results

1. in_a_days

Tank Renovation / Dwarf Puffer Questions

I have a 75 gallon tall tank that I had pretty well neglected for about a year (after my big lion died). It just had a couple damsels and they never seemed particularly stressed by the aforementioned neglect. But a couple months ago I committed to getting the tank cleaned up and restocked. I...
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days' saltwater adventure

Hello forum! Well I do love to write and talk about fish and fish keeping. So I figure why not keep a journal of my daily tank-doings. God knows my girl has heard enough about my obsessive tinkering. ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK, INPUT, AND CRITICISMS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND APPRECIATED :wave: I...
  3. in_a_days

Glove Polyp? Sorry no pics...

Alright, I'm a relative noob and have not yet added any polyps or soft corals to my tank. Waiting for the kit to set up my 'fuge to hopefully do away with the last lingering nitrates. But I've found what I think is a polyp on a piece of live rock in my tank. Unfortunately my camera is...
  4. in_a_days

Brittle in a 'fuge?

Hello all. I have a 56 gallon corner which houses a Volitan Lion. It's a species tank and I don't intend to stock it with any other fish. I have a blue damsel that seems to be too much trouble for him to eat, but other than that the tank is all his. So I just acquired a little 10 gallon with...
  5. in_a_days

Volitan Lion Question

Good evening. I've had a beautiful volitan for a couple months now and I just have a very simple question. I was just curious if it's just the dorsal fins that have poison spines, or the pectoral and anal fins as well. I guess it's kind of inconsequential considering I don't got within a fins...
  6. in_a_days

Hello from Las Vegas

Hi, good morning. I've been coming here for advice in information for about a month now and found myself making my first post today. Probably a good time to introduce myself. I've been keeping freshwater fish for about three years and just put my first saltwater tank together a couple months...