Search results

1. T

HELP! Is this the start of cyano?

Thank you for the tip sir! Luckily the tank params have been great so far. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. T

The tank is now exactly 2 months old today actually. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. T

Hey guys I just noticed some small spots on one of my LR. I know it might be too early to tell, but does this look like possible cyano, or something else? Of course I won’t be referring to the purple coralline growth, but you should be able to easily see the red. Sent from my iPhone using...
  4. T

HELP! What are these corals?

Ahh yes I am pretty sure you nailed it, I vaguely remember the guy at the shop saying that, thank you very much! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. T

HELP! What are these corals?

Hey guys I got these from my LFS but I totally forgot to write down the names of the corals, any ideas on what these two are called? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. T

Red Sea Max 130 livestock update

Made some changes to the reef, I added in more live rock. Also made a custom top cover as well, I used a non light limiting mesh some window screen frame and 3D printed some joints. This last weekend I had gotten a ruby red dragonet, only to find the next morning he had jumped the tank :(. I had...
  7. T

Red Sea Max 130 livestock update

Update to my little aquarium, all the parameters have been good and stable, I added in a few corals, two Zoas and one Duncan I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) also added in two small ocellaris clowns, they are so cool to watch! Also I made some mods to the top of the tank, I removed the hood...
  8. T

White Algae? Diatoms dying? Coralline dying?

Ok as long as nothing looks off or alarming :) thank you for your advice!
  9. T

The purple coraline was grown on the rock when I got it at LFS, it’s slowly starting to grow on the white rocks as well. my nitrites and nitrates are at 0 currently as they already dropped off. Ammonia is at about .15 as of yesterday. If you are referring to my Ph it was 8.2 yesterday, if you...
  10. T

Hey guys, what is your take on what you see in these photos? Is it an algae, diatoms dying off, or coralline dying? Would love some input!
  11. 5A86E420-604E-4440-A16B-9C20FCB92D78

5A86E420-604E-4440-A16B-9C20FCB92D78

12. T

Cycling RSM 130

At what point in the cycle would you guys recommend adding in a clean up crew?
  13. T

Cycling RSM 130

Day 11. Added some white live rock last weekend and also started RS mature kit. I believe this is diatoms forming?
  14. EEE0EABC-3B8E-41AA-8F70-E649948F1F46

EEE0EABC-3B8E-41AA-8F70-E649948F1F46

15. C27C9993-B44B-4FB2-8AF8-F83042DF11EF

C27C9993-B44B-4FB2-8AF8-F83042DF11EF

16. T

Getting things ready with an older RSM 130

Got it up and running! Here is the current specs: Red Sea Max 130 Upgraded single return pump Chemi Pure Elite Purigen Mechanical filter Hawaiian Black Live Sand 18lbs Live Rock Only complaint I have at the moment is that the protein slimmer pump seems to be creating a lot of micro bubbles no...
  17. T

Maybe an odd question, but I can put the cpe and purigen on the side of the return circulation pump correct? Replacing the area where the “bio-noodles” would be.
  18. T

It’s bare at the moment, I’m going to 3D print an ABS plastic rack to hold the cpe and purigen, if that is the recommendation everyone has!
  19. T

Hey guys, new to this forum. I am just about to get started on my Red Sea Max 130, but the last thing I wanted to know was about filters, I see a lot of different answers online, but I want to get some knowledge from you all. When starting to cycle the tank with live sand, live rock, should I...