Search results

1. Matt27

Euro braceing 75 gallon tank

Anybody euro brace a tank? I'm thinking about euro bracing a 75 gallon aquarium that I had to remove the frame due to the center brace cracking all the way down the frame, and getting a new one shipped to me is gonna be $180. The front and back glass is 3/8 but the sides are 1/4, is that normal...
  2. Matt27

HELP! No skimmer on MAX 250

My tank has been running for a little under 2 months with no skimmer due to it pooping out and literally everything is perfectly fine. My NPS gorgonian is out and full and all the fish are happy healthy and eating well. I only plan on adding two blood shrimp, a yellow tang, and a sand sifting...
  3. Matt27

Coral Beauty pacing front glass constantly

I recently put a coral beauty angelfish into my tank about a week ago and all it does is pace back and forth on the front glass every second of every day, it also hasn't eaten anything I've given it yet but I hear they usually take some time to adjust before they eat. I do almost always have a...
  4. Matt27

HELP! Adding fish to new tank

I'm transferring all my fish from my 10 gallon to my new cycled 65 gallon tank and was a curious on the rate you guys put fish into the tank? The new tank has had a new CUC, one of my blue damsels and one of my cleaner shrimp in it for about 2 weeks now and I'm now adding the other damsel and...
  5. Matt27

HELP! Live rock turning white

I'm not exactly starting out but I figured I'd post this here for anybody who is and is also experiencing this. I've had a piece of live rock that was in my almost two year old tank that I put into my newly setup tank (about 6 weeks old) 2 or so weeks ago with a good amount of dry rock to seed...
  6. Matt27

Chaeto in RSM 250

Has anybody with a gen 1 RSM 250 put chaeto below one of the pumps? That's the only spot in this tank you can put it without a sump or refugium (I have neither.) I plan on getting a dragonet in the near future and am hoping to use chaeto for the pods to reproduce. The only two issues with this...
  7. Matt27

Rock flower anemone question

My 65 gallon has been up and running for almost two weeks now. I'm starting to see a little bit of bacteria spots here and there on the dead rock, mostly around where I seeded it with live rock from my year and a half old tank, I also put bacteria in a bottle and am dosing Ammonia for another...
  8. Matt27

RSM 250 questions.

I recently picked up a RSM 250 for free and after many hours of getting it reef ready it's finally been cycling for a little over a week. I am having some issues with it though. My biggest concern is the skimmer, it doesn't seem to continuously run, I'll fine tune it and it'll run great for an...