Search results

1. new-2-the-reef

Must See !!

hello to my american friends sorry i have not been here for awhile but as you will soon see,the reason why i have not been here. i have been doing alot f research over the past 6-7 years now on this subject and many others but i just wanted to let everybody here in american and ofcourse my...
  2. new-2-the-reef

just broke down my tank

I am curious how long till thec stress might leave my fish.. i recently just broke it down and got rid of my substrate...just left a light dusting of substarte to cover the glass hopefully all will be well for my little guys.
  3. new-2-the-reef

Tank turned 49 this year

wow congrats..thats excellent
  4. new-2-the-reef

Clint's new tank...

ya sorry friend,the original pics are gone from photo bucket. maybe i can find and post again later. thanks for looking and comment
  5. new-2-the-reef

Clint's new tank...

i guess no one remembered me and my small tank...lol ill try to post some more pics later of the baby tiger tail sea cucumber that was found last week in tank.....I had to flush the original one a month ago..after he came out of hiding after about a year....but he left a new one behind.
  6. new-2-the-reef

How long have you been in the hobby

going on my 3rd year now for salty tank...fresh water i kept for 20 years
  7. new-2-the-reef

Clint's new tank...

hello again its been awhile since i have cruised the site,im sorry im guilty of being on another salty site from canada. anyhow ,some of you might remember me. just wanted to update my tank with some pics. we are looking at upgrading very soon to a 100 gallon...
  8. new-2-the-reef

OT: Ruuuusssshhhhhhh

a farewell to kings you will find some of the best there
  9. new-2-the-reef

Shrimp Nitrate Tolerance

do not get a coral banded shrimp ,I just spent a few hours trying to catch mine recently they look great but will attack kill ,more meaningful shrimp...lol but do what ya like
  10. new-2-the-reef

yellow watchmen and fire goby

no one has had or heard of this happening?
  11. new-2-the-reef

yellow watchmen and fire goby

these 2 fish are now living together in my tank with the tiger pistol shrimp.. is this normal?? it is very cool to watch ... I got a new tiger tail cucumber and he took over the fire gobies cave .now the fire goby moved across the tank to the "well made" cave by the watchmen goby and tiger...
  12. new-2-the-reef

Dentoid's Reeforama

very nice Scott
  13. new-2-the-reef

Hydor koralia pumps

the screen (directional flow adapter,concentrator) is the reason why I started this thread .. I did not get mine but I have heard mixed opinions on them,to use them or not. right now I have great flow without them on,but they are sending me 2 in the mail and will try them out to see if it makes...
  14. new-2-the-reef

the best way to remove...

finally caught the little bugger this morning after an hour of trying...lol I think I tired him out,he gave up..took him to LFS for a tiger tail cucumber.. now my 2 cleaner shrimp can leave their corner ,once they find out he is gone..after a few days im sure..
  15. new-2-the-reef

wow something so easy,..lol hopefully that will work,I will try it at night when he really wanders around the tank
  16. new-2-the-reef

what is the best way to rid my tank of the coral banded shrimp I have in there? he is all of a sudden become very aggressive towards, everything really in my tank...lol what do I need to do? thanks Clint
  17. new-2-the-reef

Hydor koralia pumps

I have a question about these pumps I have noticed that they now have some sort of directional flow adapter that sticks on the end of the pump.. I did not receive these when I purchased my two #2's from the lfs is this something new from hydor koralia and does anyone have these on their...
  18. new-2-the-reef

(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

I beg to differ on this one....but I will take your word for it.. plumbing is pretty easy when it comes down to it ! I can be positive on one thing though ..lol if you did that all by yourself,with no help.. I would hate to see the amount of pipe and fittings that were wasted over this build...lol
  19. new-2-the-reef

(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

first of all..absolutely insane set up..Tres tres bien!! as for help,on the set up.. he definately had a plumber's help or knowledge when hooking up all that pipe.. being in the trade myself,that is the work of a licensed mind !
  20. new-2-the-reef

Clint's new tank...

just posting some new pics of my tank ..pistol shrimp and goby hard at work..until trouble came along.. scan heavy... I like how the gobies eyes are glowing in his cave when the banded shrimp came over....lol