Search results

1. aquaman_06

scuba gear

hey jake. I like Cressi Gear. This is funny I am recommending it to you though I don't own any. Here is a breakdown. For a new diver without any technical needs I recommend their gear, (I used it as a newbie). It is priced right and IME has been decent stuff. They had some serious regulator...
  2. aquaman_06

File Fish has ick

Stress, nutrition and other variables can certainly lower a fish species' immunity. This is why I advocate strongly the use of a quarantine tank. Here you can establish a good diet, observe the animals' natural behavior and if needed apply antibiotic or anti-parasitic that may be needed. Though...
  3. aquaman_06

Blue tang in a small box.

If you referring to Atlantic Blue Tangs, the Caribbean Species - yeah they get pretty big. Schools of Blue Tangs are a blast to see underwater. Another important consideration with this species is the fact that they hail from the Caribbean Sea. Often, during summer months the Caribbean will...
  4. aquaman_06

Is this Brookylnella?

I apologize I didn't read the entire post. Brookylnella is an external parasite sometimes referred to as, "Clownfish Disease" as it isn't uncommon on wild caught clownfish. Was this particular specimen wild caught? It is very rare in captive raised clownfish. Freshwater dips can act as a...
  5. aquaman_06

File Fish has ick

I sort of buck the fallow tank trend. Here is why: ich is a naturally occurring parasite in marine and freshwater. In natural ecosystems it doesn't pose a huge threat because fish move away from areas where the parasite has settled and will re-emerge. Although in our aquariums ich can...
  6. aquaman_06

VORTECH MP20 or coral frag pack from sexy corals?

The mp20 should perform well on your Red Sea tank. I have the same system and ported my old mp40 over. It was way too powerful so I have sold that unit online and ordered the mp10D that they started making.
  7. aquaman_06

Hello...

Thanks for the welcomes' guys. You can see some pics of my tanks here: Aquariums 2012 | Facebook I have my Red Sea tank and one of my clown breeding set-ups on there.
  8. aquaman_06

Salinity Issue in 3gal Pico

I would second the refractometer suggestion. They leave little room for error if calibrated correctly. Something is up as I would assume with such a small mass of saltwater that keeping salinity down would be a bigger issue then keeping it up.
  9. aquaman_06

Hello...

Hello my name is Jeremy ... aka aquaman_06. I have been a marine aquarist since age 12, so about 16 years and a reef aquarist for more than 10 years. My largest tank was a 200 gallon, (150 gallons with 50 gallon sump/refugium) and smallest was under 10 gallons. I have kept a variety of different...
  10. aquaman_06

Nano Cube Pics

Thanks for the comments guys. As for the anemone question, no there isn't an anemone in there. I threw around the idea of tossing a Bubble Tipped in there but if it were to travel and damage any of the corals, in such close quarters it would be a disaster. That is a 12 gallon tank, it's the 12...
  11. aquaman_06

Nano Cube Pics

surfzone, My Blue Face has been a model reef tenant so far. I've had him about 1.5 years or a little longer. He took out an open brain coral right when I first introduced him and after that he didn't bother anything. I haven't seen him pick at any corals other then the brain mentioned above...
  12. aquaman_06

Nano Cube Pics

Hey Guys, Just thought I'd throw a link up with pictures of my nano-cube now that it has some stuff in it. I need to trim down the macro-algae it grows like crazy. Facebook | Jeremy Gosnell's Photos - New aquarium pics
  13. aquaman_06

Ich on false percula clownfish

No, I haven't really noticed any bullying. They seem to get along pretty well.
  14. aquaman_06

Yeah, I do have some other tanks, or I could just set up a 10 gallon qt and put them both there. They are both strong eaters and seem healthy. Even with all the cysts the little guy seems to be doing well otherwise. I thought maybe the ich would clear up without treatment but I'm getting worried...
  15. aquaman_06

Hey Guys, Two weeks or so ago I added a pair of ORA tank raised tear-drop ocellaris clowns to my nano. The one clown got ich fairly quickly but it seemed to clear up after several days and it was a mild case. This morning he was pretty peppered with small white cysts. I took 3 gallons of...
  16. aquaman_06

12 gallon HQI Nano

Al, Thanks for the info, I'll toss a cocktail shrimp in tonight to try to encourage a cycle. I have been adding some Mysis shrimp into the tank, to encourage nutrient build up and cycling, since I always have a little left over after a morning feeding on my large reef tank. I'll keep monitoring...
  17. aquaman_06

12 gallon HQI Nano

Hey Guys, I was able to easily fit my old AquaC Remora w/ Maxi-Jet 1200 onto the aquapod. I think that will make for a good skimmer on this tank. It's rated for up to 75 gallon and added some water volume to the tank in addition to skimming. Anyhow I have been testing the tank since I set it...
  18. aquaman_06

12 gallon HQI Nano

I think I can get my old AquaC Remora on this nano. It looks like if I pulled the foam block the maxi-jet would slide right in. It might be overkill but heck...
  19. aquaman_06

12 gallon HQI Nano

BTW, what's your guys take on using a skimmer in a nano tank. I was going to try to jam an HOB on there but then again it's not really small and contained once you start tinkering like that.
  20. aquaman_06

12 gallon HQI Nano

Sounds good, Ill pull the rings and bio balls tonight.