Search results

1. K

BTA - normal? Healthy?

Looks like she is getting back to normal? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. K

HELP! Ich on tang, remove ALL fish? Newbie

Got it. I think I’ll wait. Fish look good but I’d like to know I have a clean DT. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. K

Sorry to bug again on this topic but I have zero patience and really want to return my QT fish to the tank. I’m at day 60 (8weeks), wondering if it’s safe. I’ve read the 78 day period but also have seen that anything over 60 is ok. As much as I want my fish back I also have no desire to redo...
  4. K

BTA - normal? Healthy?

Tried to but she’s hanging upside down so difficult To get the shrimp in her tentacles. When she has eaten before I’d put in in the middle and she would slowly close on it. My rocks are all pinned so I can’t switch that around and I don’t think I should manually move her. Might need a curved...
  5. K

BTA - normal? Healthy?

DaveK. - you mentioned not to feed the anemone but without the photosynthesis, wouldn’t this mean that he’s not getting any “energy/food”? It seems to a beginner that this would be the time that they would need fed, so just interest on your advice. Not challenging you just trying to understand...
  6. K

BTA - normal? Healthy?

Excellent point, never thought that angle through. I’ll keep the water changes going and keep attacking. Thanks on the BTA, that’s how I got him so disappointed they would do that, but hopefully he can recover. Thanks again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. K

BTA - normal? Healthy?

Thanks for all the info. So if it’s bleached then this means the LFS sold it to me this way? Yes on the Cyano issue, I have not used any chemicals at this point and just keep carefully removing it. I just can’t figure out why it’s occurring if my water isn’t off. What a frustrating hobby to...
  8. K

BTA - normal? Healthy?

Also, he’s now hanging on the underside of the rock, which seems counter the best place for light!! [emoji2359] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. K

HELP! Cyano or hair algae

Just don’t understand. I use rodi water, my phosphates are reading at 0 and Nitrates are <5 at least what I can tell from the stupid api test). Everything I read says that this stuff will only grow with poor water but from what I can see, the water is good. I also have chaeto in my sump...
  10. K

HELP! Aquascape existing tank, how to remove rock and drill without ruing rock

Not bad for first time. Drilled rock and used pegs. Thanks for advice! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. K

BTA - normal? Healthy?

Had this guy for about a month now, no fish in tank currently so feeding him shrimp once a week, just has not seemed to fluff up like other BTA’s I see and only has a hint of green color. Parameters are good, 0 Amonia, <5 Nitrates, 0 phosphates, Use Rodi water, Temp 79 and Ph 8.1-8.2 Light is...
  12. K

Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. K

I thought this was hair algae and then I started to see air bubbles underneath. However, all the videos that show Cyano shows it relatively easy to suction up. This stuff does not suction up and looks to be growing “hair” Is there any better way to identify which this is? And treatment...
  14. K

Thanks all. Drilling went better than I thought and had the rock back in around 30 minutes. Just doing sections at a time. Obviously much easier to have done this at the beginning! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. K

90 gallon tank 8 month established, some of the rock developing coralline algae, structure keeps Falling and want to secure with rods. How do I do this without killing any of the growth on the rocks? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. K

I have an augua filter that is filled with Seachem Matrix that was in my HOB filter, then sitting in my sump. Per the seachem amonia badge, I’m still in safe levels. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. K

Spoke to soon. Lost a little clown. Levels are good, ammonia meter is between safe and alert, copper still at the .5 level. I get that sometimes fish just die, but anything special about a QT that I’m missing. I have 2 PVC connections for them to hide, although my 2 little clowns were always...
  18. K

Just wanted to say thanks again. All fish in QT are doing well, and patiently just waiting through the treatment cycle! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. K

7mo New to Salt! Help with Sump

Thanks, made the changes and it is running good now, top of the fudge is moving now. Will also try to contain the light, thanks for catching that. In regards to the ATO, I have no idea where I would fit a reservoir container. The planning that needs to go into Salt is ridiculous and I was...
  20. K

7mo New to Salt! Help with Sump

I’m using a bubble max 5 skimmer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk