Search results

1. W.Nowling

HELP! how do i get rid of bristelworms and ich and algae

And freshwater. Freshwater will kill bristleworms instantly. I started with just a few in a live rock I bought for LFS and they were a welcome entity until that is they started overrunning my tank. It was out of control. So I researched them more. If your bristle worms are getting out of control...
  2. W.Nowling

Anemone is evil?

That’s a picture of a stack of live rock with what I had at the time a fake anemone attached to it. That had been there from the very beginning. But the water was clear as glass right before when I woke up about 2 hours later Now you’ll see a have a lot of fake coral and silicon replicas...
  3. W.Nowling

Anemone is evil?

Thank you so much that is exactly what I’ve been asking others and researching for nearly two years. I had koi ponds and several freshwater tanks prior to this. It took me years to get the nerve to finally do my first marine tank. Before I got started, I had to decided on canister filtration...
  4. W.Nowling

Anemone is evil?

Also. I’d like to inevitability get into sps/lps etc I’ve gotten mixed reactions about the fact of not having a sump. Running purely on the canisters and 20% partial water changes. But I know I can’t do that many water changes with coral in the tank, right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. W.Nowling

Anemone is evil?

It’s been up and running for about 8months total. I’ve got two LED light panels over the tank. One 48” full spectrum and one 48” white/blue FOWLR marine both running at 10k each. I’ve slowly added each fish one at a time. All my parameters are and were well within acceptable. Except my ph did...
  6. W.Nowling

Anemone is evil?

I’m stumped on this one. I’ve got a 55gal FOWLR tank with a small amount of live rock and about 4” of live sand. I had 2 clownfish, 4 damsels assorted, a red banded shrimp, hermit crab and anemone crab. I purchased a pink tip Haitian anemone about 4” with the orange foot acclimated him and he...