Search results

1. S

In need of HELP!

Thank goodness they'll work from an electrical standpoint, pretty sure I'll be able to Jerry rig it if need be. Now with regards to the steves leds, they look great and I've been searching for a used unit for ages to no avail! I may need some help with regards to plugging these new ballasts in...
  2. S

In need of HELP!

So I've had two ballasts take a dive in my original RSM250 with the curved glass. I'm wondering if this ballast will be an easy replacement for the current ballasts, the specs look to pan out but I just want to make sure. Any help is greatly appreciated as I need to save my corals!! I've ordered...
  3. S

Tunze 9012

Dang that's a shame.
  4. S

Tunze 9012

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/reef-octopus-bh-2000-hob.51445/ Here is that thread where the reef octopus was used.
  5. S

Tunze 9012

I'm trying to avoid going HOB but if I do it will probably be with a Reef Octopus 2000 HOB. I saw a thread here about it but unfortunately the photos are gone, is there a way we can get them back so I can see how it's done?
  6. S

Tunze 9012

Well the width won't work on the 9012. May just end up going with the 9004. Would two of them be ok to use or just the one and emptying the cup out a bit more frequently than normal.
  7. S

Tunze 9012

Knocking on wood the width will just barely make it! Will let you know once I measure. If the width does work, I'm thinking of just placing the skimmer head on as if it's looking directly at you and placing the magnets on the back wall.
  8. S

Tunze 9012

Thank you for that info. The deltec mc500 footprint is L 8.25" W 3.55" H 20.9" while the Tunze 9012 is L5.5 x W4.3 x H16.3 in. So the width is slightly bigger but smaller with regards to the length and height. You reckon it will work? The suggestion you made is wonderful but dealing with...
  9. S

Tunze 9012

Well my stock skimmer took a dive on my RSM250 and I'm kind of glad it did cause it was a nightmare and hardly ever worked correctly in the first place. I've seen a lot of people go with the Deltec MC500 in the back chamber with just the mod of cutting that little plastic bit out. Problem is...
  10. S

What is this? and should i get rid of it.

Absolutely before it takes over and you've got a serious problem as a result. Phosphates are probably on the high side. Chemipure elite and water changes can really help. Also what kind of lights are you running?
  11. S

RSM250 Viparspectra 300 watt

Thank you for the reply, I've checked into that retrofit but the price is just well out of budget unfortunately. Is there perhaps a better LED fixture out there that would work better than the Viparspectra? The threads I've tried pulling up give me like a Doh response so my apologies if it's...
  12. S

RSM250 Viparspectra 300 watt

Hello all, I've been scanning these forums for a while now and finally made an account. My question is that I'd like to leave the T5 lighting due to the constant heat issues and changing the bulbs every 6 months. I'm looking at the Viparspectra 300 watt LED fixture, would this fixture be ok to...