Search results

1. J

HELP! Skimmer nightmare

Hi everyone! I'm slowly but surely getting my tank lined up. I have been testing all my perimeters and pretty stable on everything but nitrates and phosphates. My nitrates are about 50ppm and my phosphates have been reading 0.03 but have a lot of green algae growing and I believe it's going to...
  2. J

HELP! Skimmer

I have purchased a eshopps hob skimmer from my fish store and ever since I bought it, it won't stop over flowing. I'm fully open and even removed the sponge. I honestly have the drain line going right back in the aquarium and the lid taped on to keep it on. I've had this thing running now at...
  3. J

HELP! Testers

Can yall give me advice on the best water testing kits for my reef tank? Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
  4. J

Confused!!

Hey yall. Need some help, I have been testing my waters and am getting drastically different results from each of them. Example, I have the api test strips that are reading nitrate 80, nitrite 0, ph 8.5, kh 240. Now just did the api saltwater master kit and got nitrate 0, nitrite 0, ph 8.2 , and...
  5. J

Hello

Good morning yall. I have had my 75 gallon saltwater tank for about 9 months, let it run for 6 months before I put a single fish in there. I am up to 6 fish, 3 clowns, a wrasse and 2 others not sure of their names off my head. I have 4 little frags for coral. I bought a eheim filter system...
  6. J

HELP! Help

I bought this guy a week ago not knowing much. I'm new to the salt water world. Can you guys tell me if it is dying??? I came home and it had shriveled up like this. Also if anyone knows how to get rid of this red rusty algae stuff Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
  7. J

Hi everybody. Started a reef tank about 9 months now, basically have 6 fish and 4 coral frags.

I need help! I bought an anemone last week and he has never planted himself yet. I came home from work and he is survived up and looks horrible. I took him out of the tank and put him in a Tupperware dish because I heard once they die it's horrible for your tank. I have had my tank set up for...