Search results

1. chickenjohn

red sea kh powder

Ive read the instructions to mix the red sea kh powder, I want to mix 1 litre mixes so I add 100g to 1 litre of water, this gives me a third less strength than the liquid bottle, so rather than dosing 3 times the amount, can I just mix up 300g per litre to give me the same strength as the...
  2. chickenjohn

HELP! low ph

Need help as im at a loss. Im setting up my quarantine tank to cycle, last week I mixed some salt (Tropic Marin sea salt) and its ph was 6.8, this was tested on 2 test kitsand a ph meter. I opened my other tub of salt and it read the same ph, I took sample to lfs to be tested and he got it to...
  3. chickenjohn

Johns first coral adventure RSR 425xl

Hi guys It will be a few weeks yet before I get my tank but I have already started to buy equipment and everything coral. I have always kept fowlr tanks before but after about 3-4 years out of the salty side I have decided to go for a reef tank so im a complete newbie when it comes to corals so...
  4. chickenjohn

Hi from UK

Hi Guys Just a quick introduction, Ive kept Discus for 25 years (still do), Ive kept aquascaped planted tanks, and ive kept fowlr tanks but im now going to set up a reef tank, I have no idea really about corals and how to keep them so im going to get a Red Sea Max-E LED 260 tank and follow the...