Search results

1. E

Good idea or Bad idea? PVC pluming question.

I'm still not sure weather or not to place the valve under the table or on the side of the tank, as of right now i'm leaning towards under the tank with the sump.
  2. E

Yea, ill do that, easy peace, because let's be honest, it's absolutely worth a little extra work to have the valve there in my opinion. Btw the entire bench is metal painted white except for the back plate and top, lucky me!
  3. E

So as the picture shows i've just drilled holes in my future 200 liter/50 gallon saltwater aquarium, in the picture there is a 1 Kilogram/ 2.2 pounds valve, i had originally through of having it down by the 250 liter/66 gallon sump with some support from drilled eyebolt screws to hang it in...
  4. E

What is this? and should i get rid of it.

The Phosphates are low in this tank "i've tested for them" since it's a very new tank with very little to add phosphate and nitrates, it's also a Triton tank that removes most phosphate and nitrates although the Triton "Refugium" is a 7 liter media cylinder with light strips around it, since the...
  5. E

What is this? and should i get rid of it.

Recently put up lights in this aquarium after curing the live rock for 2 months, so basically i've seen nothing like this on my rocks before i set up the lights, it's growing fairly fast as well.
  6. E

Canister filter instead of sump, yay or nay?

Already thought of that, ill be using the Tunze osmolator 3155 it not only has a mechanical sensor to measure water level but also an electric sensor witch is a first i hear, and the tunze 9004 was another model i was looking at some time ago, currently i'm looking at the tunze 9012 and is no...
  7. E

I will be upgrading to two tunze 9012 witch are rated for around 400 liters each, drilling a hole is not an option since the glass is tempered and will shatter. the Tunze 9012 is rated between 200 liters at a very heavy load and 1200 at very low load, i don't intend to go crazy so ill go with...
  8. E

Is that a wall seperating the items from the main tank or is everything hang on additions?
  9. E

450 liters or 125 gallons, the aquarium has no holes for the sump pipes and an overhang drain seems flimsy to me but also an option i would take over drilling. i also already own a 560 liters FW aquarium in witch i do have a canister filter that i clean weekly so that would not be a ploblem, and...
  10. E

Very easy question, canister filter or not for a saltwater aquarium.
  11. E

HELP! Live Rock Curing Question

That's the reason i got a 400GPD i was planing on using it to refill all of my FW aquariums as well, not that i have any fish that needs very high quality water but it will still be nice to have RO/DI water in all aquariums, i'm also going to get a second Saltwater aquarium once this 450 liters...
  12. E

Since everyone who has commented here wants me to get a RO/DI system i have, i bought one for 350 dollars with a flow rate of 400 GPD.
  13. E

Battle algae? isn't that what a cleanup crew is for? also were i live buying water for my 450 liter aquarium is not an option, ill keep using Tap for now and might go over to a osmosis water system in the far of future. Also i know tap water got a bad rap in some countries but I live in Sweden...
  14. E

I'm new to reefing and i need to ask, since i use tap water in all my tanks should i use a tap water conditioner to dechlorinate the water i use to cure live rock, also whats an optimal saline level for curing live rocks?
  15. E

HELP! I need advice from someone who knows live rock!

I'm currently running two tunze 9004 internal skimmers, two tunze internal filters, two wave makers and 3 AI Prime Led Lights but i'm considering returning them and buying 6 black led boxes from Ebay Heres a link to that light...
  16. E

HELP! I need advice from someone who knows Live Rocks!

What is this FW, SW and LFS you're referring to? NVM i realiced now that if SaltWater and FreshWater but i still don't know what LFS means.
  17. E

HELP! I need advice from someone who knows Live Rocks!

Soooo, i'm new to the reefing hobby as you soon will learn, i forgot to add salt solution into my aquarium before adding 5 kg of live rock, so what now? is the live rock dead after having spent 5 hours in freshwater or will it survive if i start curing it tomorrow in 10 hours, yes i did also not...
  18. E

HELP! I need advice from someone who knows live rock!

Hi i've got a few fresh water aquariums the largest is 540 liters and another 450 liters that i'm turning into a saltwater aquarium. I currently only have guppys in my 540 liter freshwater aquarium but plan to breed and add Amanoshrimp into the mix, i also have two 52 liters aquariums with said...