Search results

1. Sylvester

White stringy feces...GC works but Prazi doesn't. What is it?

So good news to report but very skeptical. After giving my clown a 48 hour bath in levamisole i put him back in the display this morning. He no longer hides under the rock and swims back and forth at the surface waiting for food so things are back to normal. I gave him some frozen foods...
  2. Sylvester

So finally received levamisole in the mail. It was too late for the smaller clown who died last week. I started to feed the remaining clown some food with the medication but he wasn't too interested in eating even unmedicated food. I did a WC on the display and placed him in the wastewater...
  3. Sylvester

So the saga continues. I treated these guys in a medicated QT with fenbendazole and metro in the water. I attempted also feeding medicated food but they mostly rejected it. After a month of on and off eating and white stringy poo i put them back into the display just accepting the fact they...
  4. Sylvester

I kept the fish in fenbendazole water in a bucket (7.6mg/gallon) for 48 hours and then transferred back to display tank. As you suggest it must have knocked back the infection because they fish are eating voraciously again despite some white stringy poo present. I made up a new food mix...
  5. Sylvester

So the worms are back. Same clown over a month later has white stringy poo and eating very little. I immediately started feeding fenbendazole medicated food for 5 days. The medication seems to help (fish eats very little in the morning and then afternoon eats much more). I assume that is...
  6. Sylvester

Thank you again HumbleFish. I think one of the worst things about sick fish posts is that rarely do people post their outcome so i wanted to thank you again and also provide an update. After dosing the tank with Fenbendazole the fish begain eating within a couple of days. I then began dosing...
  7. Sylvester

Update.. dosed tank 2 days ago with 7.6 mg/gallon fenbendazole. This is almost impossible to believe but after losing a half a dozen clowns and 4 cardinals my fish over 8 months and medications ranging from copper, CP, prazi, metro.... could a prazi resistant worm been the culprit all along...
  8. Sylvester

Well i did a 25% WC and treated with 7.6mg/gallon Bendazole. I guess if its worms then guessing by tomorrow fish would improve? If i see no improvement i will switch back to metroplex. I am just surprised after 5 days of daily metro dosing i haven't seen a significant improvement.
  9. Sylvester

Thank you HumbleFish for all your help and posts. Today is day 5 of a 50% WC and 2 scoops of metro in an 8.5gallon QT. One clown ate voraciously while the other ate very little (spit some out) but seemed to consume a few small pieces. The food was dosed with metro. I guess the act of...
  10. Sylvester

Thanks. Still waiting on fenbendazole to get here. unfortunately, they are both struggling to eat. They get really excited... chase the food down and grab it and spit it out. It's almost like they are irritated when they try to swallow. For the past 3 days I have been doing 50% water...
  11. Sylvester

So the sick clown is trying to eat but he spits the food out???? I feel like its too late as i have been here several times before. I soaked pellet food in garlic, focus, and metro. One fish gobbles it up and the other spits it out. Will try again tomorrow with brine shrimp. I also...
  12. Sylvester

Update... my two clowns have been in 60mg/gallon chloroquine phosphate for 3 weeks. One clown was fresh from the LFS and the other has been sick on/off for roughly 3 months in and out of QT. Fish were doing well for 3 weeks in CP but as of yesterday they are lethargic. One is not eating and...
  13. Sylvester

I will start copper tomorrow. I have a scooter blenny in my DT. Do i need to send him back to LFS while i go fallow?
  14. Sylvester

While they are both eating which is good one of them seems sensitive to light. He has been hiding under cover all day while the light was on and now the light is out he is running around with the other clown. Could this be velvet? Wouldn't i see very strong external symptoms?
  15. Sylvester

Thank you Humblefish. Both clowns are now eating again so Metro is certainly what is curing them. It has to be flagellates. The one clown doesn't seem to like the medicated food so i will continue to medicate the water. Seachem says I should add metro to the water every 48 hours for up to 3...
  16. Sylvester

Thank you. I started doing this today! is their a fallow period for an infection of this nature? Using a shot glass: 1 scoop (~ 1/8 teaspoon) of medication 1 scoop Seachem Focus (this makes it reef safe) 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food) A pinch of Epsom salt to help expel dead...
  17. Sylvester

Sorry for making a new post but i need some fresh advice. I have 2 designer clowns i have been battling to keep alive for the past 3 months after losing 3 clowns prior. Long story short.... after about 3 weeks fish stop eating, get lethargic, heavy breathing begins and fish dies in about a...
  18. Sylvester

Desperately Need Advice on unknown clown sickness

Thanks but the information on these diseases is so inconsistent it makes it almost impossible to treat diseases you can't visually see. These fish were in QT for 28 days. The took 2 rounds of prazi treatment on over the first 10 days where the initial treatment resolved food rejection/heavy...
  19. Sylvester

Update - after this posted i immediately treated my QT tank with API - General Cure which is prazi and metro. Neither fish ate for 24 hours but after 48 hours fish are eating again. I will also note before treatment my large clown was beginning to experience rapid breathing and unusual...
  20. Sylvester

Thank you. I assumed it could not be velvet because it kills so fast and all my clowns i have lost die a slow death over a week after they stop eating. Would it be safe to eliminate velvet?