Search results

1. Z

Long time since last post, need some advice!

I guess this is more for my benefit; but concerning the overflow issue, If the total water between the DT and Sump is such that if the return pump fails the sump can handle the amount of water from the DT, or of the return line fails the DT can handle the volume form the sump, then you should...
  2. Z

Red Sea Max (AIO) and Tunze 3155 ATO

Hi. Does anyone have the Tunze 3155 ATO installed on a Red Sea Max 170/260? If so, could you please post close-ups of everything in the tank sump? Any issues as well? Thx!
  3. Z

Red Sea Max or Reefer?

Hi. What type of materials do you recommend for the Media Rack in the Max 170? Does not having the water run through a filter sock measurably impact the overall filtration?
  4. Z

Red Sea Max or Reefer?

That's good the hear. I'm pretty much going with the Max 170 (at least today. :-) ). I'll use the cabinet for a larger ATO and aquarium "stuff".
  5. Z

New Reefer

Hi Uncle. Thank you. I will be taking my time!
  6. Z

Red Sea Max or Reefer?

Thank you. It is a beautiful tank and seems so easy to build and such. But I really worry about maintenance and being a real pain.
  7. Z

Red Sea Max or Reefer?

Hi Pancho. How is maintenance on it? Do you have to get into the sump area much? If so, is it easy to deal with?
  8. Z

Red Sea Max or Reefer?

Literally, on a daily basis I go back and forth on should I get the Red Sea Max 170 or Reefer 170. I'm looking for ease of operation/setup of the tank so I can focus on fish and corals. So that always leads me to the Max. Then I start thinking about maintenance and I go back to the Reefer...
  9. Z

New Reefer

Thank you all. I look forward to the journey, with a zillion mistakes along the way.
  10. Z

New Reefer

Just want to say Hi. I’m new to the hobby and look forward to following and learning from everyone. I’m going to be getting a Red Sea Max 170 soon and won’t start until I feel like I have a good understanding, and plan to take my time. I decided to go with the AIO so I can concentrate on...