Search results

1. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Thanks all, yes it has definitely made a big difference. The biggest difference is the sand, it makes the tank so much brighter Nobbygas i have not used Nopox as yet. I never had a reading for nitrate (or phosphate) so never thought there was a need. Now i have some nitrates i will monitor and...
  2. P

Nobby's S-650

Fantastic video. I have what i suspect is 2 males (should have been a pair but female decided to colour up). If i seen them behaving like that i would have panicked thinking they were fighting. Great looking fish and your tank is looking fantastic
  3. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Tank photo after Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Tank photo before Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

An update on the tank after 5 treatments. The algae has 99% gone with just a small discoloration to sand in 2 places. That’s 8 days treatment and 5 doses of dino x. The only parameters i have checked is nitrate and phosphate. Zero phosphate and nitrate is 3 (1st time I’ve had a nitrate reading)...
  6. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Thanks Nobbygas, anything to get me out of water tests is appreciated lol. I have only tested nitrate and still reading zero. Getting annoyed as the algae is definitely declining. Below pic is after 3 treatments (6 days). The tank is definitely looking far cleaner and the algae is not far from...
  7. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

After day 2 treatment. Tank seems cleaner and algae is definitely not growing as quick however it is still growing. 1 treatment so we will see how it goes. No harm to any fish or inverts to date Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

After day 1 treatment Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

As promised an update on the tank after 1 treatment (day 2) with Dino x SG 1.026 Temperature 25.6 Nitrate 0 Phosphate 0 Mag 1410 Calcium 430 KH 10.5 Looks like the magnesium may have dropped a touch however it seemed high so maybe my initial reading wasn’t quite right. I am still not adding...
  10. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

An update on where i am and what i am doing with the algae issue I tested the the parameters last night and have the follow: SG 1.026 Temperature 25.6 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 Phosphate 0 PH 8.2 Magnesium 1470 Calcium 430 KH 10.5 I decided i will go with Dino x and have dosed exactly as per the...
  11. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Thanks again for the comments and advice. Some real good threads and advice Glen. I don’t disagree with any of this and have no doubt if left alone my tank would eventually come round and the algae would be overtaken. How long it would take I don’t know and patience is unfortunately not my...
  12. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Thanks Nobbygas. I thought of Cyano 1st but as there is no nutrients to speak of either these are being taken up immediately or i am not adding enough food. As far as i know Cyano needs nutrients hence i think more likely Dino. It also doesn’t have a slimy appearance and is generally brown and...
  13. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Yes i am pretty sure something is taking the nitrates before they get a chance to register. I got a Nyos test kit for nitrates to double check and still zero. That’s both nitrate and phosphate registering zero and loads of algae? Looking at the internet the algae looks like Dinoflagellate. I...
  14. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Thanks for the comments, all advice is welcome. Looking at the fantastic quality photo (SPR - looks like a pro shot) of a pair of triggers I am still not sure. Although both mine have some yellow to the fins one is definitely a lot brighter than the other. This one also has the blue cheeks so...
  15. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Thanks for the response all. DaveK the triggers are blue throat (seemingly reef safe with caution?). These are about 3 inch and so far been as good as gold and never looked at any snails or crabs or my boxer shrimp. I got these as a pair with the blue throat and yellow trim obvious on the male...
  16. P

Red Sea Max 650 led

Hi all, I thought i would start a thread since I have been looking at everyone else’s and it seems only fair to share my experience with RSM 650. So to date I have had the tank set up 13 weeks and I have the following: 3 tangs 2 Clarki’s 2 chalk Gobys 2 wrasses 2 triggers (thanks to the...
  17. P

P41nter Red Sea Max 650 led

Hi all, I thought i would start a thread since I have been looking at everyone else’s and it seems only fair to share my experience with RSM 650. So to date I have had the tank set up 13 weeks and I have the following: 3 tangs 2 Clarki’s 2 chalk Gobys 2 wrasses 2 triggers (thanks to the...