Search results

1. B

Invasive Zoas?

I have some brown-ish (slightly orange) zoas growing in my tank. I’ve been reading more and more about brown zoas being invasive but I can’t decide if mine look suspicious. Opinions?
  2. B

Beth’s New E-260 Tank!

Pretty happy about 6 weeks in! Found my first bristle worm and one (that I’ve seen) starfish.... pushing pause on more coral for now- I love what I have!
  3. B

Best Camera?

I think I’m going to go with a Nest camera- at least I can use it around the house if I come across something better later
  4. B

Dropped My Octo/Frogspawn

I was getting ready to epoxy my new Octospawn coral to a rock, and it slipped out of my hand.... I caught it, but one side doesn’t have any polyps extending now. The hard skeleton is intact as far as I can tell. Thoughts or suggestions? I don’t want disease to settle in.
  5. B

So I looked into my tank with the lights off.... (cue bristle worm)

Found a bristle worm at least 2-3” long. Leave him or remove him? I read mixed reviews....
  6. B

Best Camera?

1080p. It’s seriously good. How it would do submerged under water for long periods of time I’m not sure. They do have good warranties.
  7. B

Best Camera?

Hi all! I’ve decided I’d like to have a camera for the tank when I’m away for work. I know Reef-Can is popular, what do you all use? At that price I might as well get a Go Pro! Thanks!
  8. B

So my tank is too small for a Tang.... but what next?

I feel like tank space for Tangs is a hot topic, but I rarely hear of alternative suggestions. I’m planning way in advance what fish is like to have so that I can put the appropriate fish in first/last etc. I have a RS E260 and is like to have one larger bodied fish similar to a tang. I love...
  9. B

Beth’s New E-260 Tank!

My tank has a lot of diatoms but not as much algae. Will the diatoms be enough? I read about how to feed them- it’s pretty funny!
  10. B

Beth’s New E-260 Tank!

Great! Thanks for pointing that out. Much better! My friend came by today with a present (I told him to consult me first next time)- a small tuxedo urchin! He is so funny and having a blast carrying stuff around. I’ll keep a close eye on him, I would have waited a few months, but he seems...
  11. B

Beth’s New E-260 Tank!

Today I added my first coral- a leather coral, and a snail and cleaner shrimp. Have some diatoms and algae going on as expected. Thought the coral might take a bit to be happy but within two hours it opened up quite a bit. I need to get better at taking photos of corals... a hobby within a hobby!
  12. B

Beth’s New E-260 Tank!

Creating this thread after a few members suggested it so I can share my progress! Day 1 was technically last Thursday but the tank ended up so unlevel that I had to drain it. The LFS came back and leveled it today and we’re up and running!
  13. B

New Tank Not Level

Thanks! I checked and it’s away from the wall. I live in Amsterdam so it’s not surprising the floor isn’t totally level.... but this is more than it seemed. (They didn’t offer suggestions, but to be fair carrying a 70 gal tank up three flights of Amsterdam stairs had us all pretty exhausted).
  14. B

New Tank Not Level

Hi all! The LFS came and set up my new tank and it was a little off level wise. Now that I’ve come home at the end of the evening and it’s dark out, the level is quite off- maybe an inch difference in the water level between the back right and front left corners. Not only is it annoying and...
  15. B

New To Saltwater!

Hi everyone! I’m new to saltwater and just set up a new Red Sea E-260! I just moved to Amsterdam from Chicago recently, and I ran across your forum and have been diving into the FAQ’s. I thankfully found a great LFS, and I’m excited to get to know you! Cheers to Day 1!