Search results

1. S

Scott’s new (to me) RSM 130

Hi guys....an update I’m currently still having fun cycling the tank. I need to pick up a good chiller for this size tank. What chiller are those of you with the 130 using. Prefer on the quieter side. I need to drop temp about 5-7 degrees on average. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

So I’m currently battling the skimmer. I’ve read a bunch of thread about the issue I’m having but have not yet solved. I’m having micro bubbles coming from the skimmer. If skimmer is on, I get bubbles. If it’s off, I do not. I first tried cleaning skimmer with vinegar water solution as that was...
  3. S

LEDs Installed in hood and configured. Everything working well...no apparent damage!! Running at 30% per the instructions. Rock is rescaped AGAIN. I don’t like all the micro bubbles. Maybe from skimmer or black sponge filter? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. S

Something showed up in the mail today from Steve’s LEDs! The postal service was not kind to the box for sure. :( hopefully all goes well with it. I unboxed and nothing obvious re damage. It’s insured so if something is wrong I’ve got evidence. I’ll assemble the hood either this evening or...
  5. S

Still waiting on the lights got delayed by postal service by a day....hopefully arrive today. I’ve started “feeding” the empty tank to encourage cycling. Monitoring ammonia levels. I’ve also moved the rocks around a bit. Not quite happy with them yet. Question for y’all do you keep water level...
  6. S

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Yes, I’ll move the rocks in a bit to allow easier cleaning access. I was thinking same thing. As far as painting, the top has 4 coats of oil based semi poly so that’s sealed up good. The rest of the stand is actually “chalk painted” this is one of those...
  7. S

So I picked up some dry rock, few pieces of live rock and some live sand today. First attempt and aquascaping this guy. Loaded with water (salt) waiting for things to settle so I can add the live rock and then I’ll add the live sand after checking sg I guess. Sent from my iPhone...
  8. S

Hi all, Thought I’d try to cover my new (very used) to me RSM 130. I’m not sure what year this one was from. I picked it up cheap off craigslist. The stand was pretty much shot from rotting wood and such which was fine cause missus hated the look anyway. I built a new stand from scratch...
  9. S

130D skimmer that bad?

Hi guys, Been out of the reef tank hobby for a good bit and just picked up a used 130D. I scrapped the rotten out stand and built a new piece of furniture for the tank to sit on. Now that I’ve got that issue solved, I started to rebuild the tank. Here’s where my questions come up. I ordered...