Search results

1. barrymac

Red sea max 130 help setting up

I was after some advice on setting up a red sea max 130. I have bought the new single return pump. And the new filter media tray. Also a new protein skimmer. The main thing I wasn't sure about was what type of media to put into the filter compartments and in what order. Any advice greatly...
  2. barrymac

RSM 130 Rescue

Would this protein skimmer be the right one once I have upgraded to the new filter basket thanks barry
  3. barrymac

RSM 130 Rescue

Thanks for the quick reply that' great. Thanks I will definitely need some help lol. I had a marine tank about 23 years ago. I am starting from scratch with the rsm 130 and after reading about it I think doing the upgrades with the filter, skimmer and single return pump is better now. It' a...
  4. barrymac

RSM 130 Rescue

Hi I have just bought a red sea max 130. It came missing the 2 return pumps I have found the upgrade replacement single pump for £70. I have been looking to upgrade the protein skimmer to the tunze them I can change to the new filter basket Hi I also have bought a rsm130 and am upgrading the...
  5. barrymac

Red sea max 130d filter

Thanks hopefully I will have some pics up in the next few months . Thanks
  6. barrymac

Red sea max 130d filter

They look good value actually. Hopefully they can ship to the isle of man or UK thanks
  7. barrymac

Red sea max 130d filter

Thanks for the links. Do you know if you can use another pump of similar power and just adapt it to fit or if anyone has done this. Seems a bit steep for the pump the whole set up only cost me £100. Thanks
  8. barrymac

Red sea max 130d filter

I have just got a red sea max 130d without the 2 return pumps. I have been reading and seen that they have brought out an upgrade of a single return pump but these are £189 on eBay. Can anybody recommend a thread that shows how to use another model of return pump or offer any advice. I am...