Search results

1. J

JD'S 150 Gallon Reef Tank Progression

Just starting out here. December 2017 we purchased a reef tank and paid to have it moved to our home. So far I have battled Green hair algae, Red Slime, Bristle worms and Iche. I am still battling the bristle worms. Learning the hard way about the importance of a quarantine tank. (I now keep a...
  2. J

New to Reef Tanks as of 12/2017

Thanks, I didn't know the 72 day thing, I will def keep an eye out for anything. I have a Cole tang, Lyretail Anthias and bi-color dwarf angel in the quarantine. I trust the marine aquarium store I got them from but they are still not going anywhere near my main tank until a full 30 day period...
  3. J

This is the first I am hearing about such long times to get rid of Iche. Everything I read said the life cycle is just a couple weeks. I removed my fish and treated them for 30 days before putting them back into the main display tank. Without any fish to host, shouldn't the Iche die in less than...
  4. J

Not to sound stupid but what section should it go in? I looked at starting a new thread but didn't see anything labeled for tanks. Should My tank info go on my profile? Just trying to figure the site out. I will definitely get some pics up soon. Guess I should check out the newbie section first...
  5. J

So far I have battled Green hair algae, Red Slime, Bristle worms and Iche. I am still battling the bristle worms. Learning the hard way about the importance of a quarantine tank. (I now keep a 30 gallon quarantine tank currently occupied by 3 new family members waiting to go into the main...