Search results

1. ThePurpleTwelve

HELP! My Clownfish is Broken

Hello RS. I have two clownfish: a platinum percula and an ocellaris. They had stopped fighting several months ago, but they've started fighting again. Except... it's not really fighting, it's more like the ocellaris attempting to beat up the percula and failing. I've been ignoring it for the...
  2. ThePurpleTwelve

HELP! Cyano Problem

Hey guys. I had a cyano problem a few months ago, it went away, and now it's back. Levels are: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate according to API test kit. I have two clowns, a bicolor blenny, a yellow watchman goby, and a coral beauty angel in a 30 gallon tank. I feed frozen and flake food 3-5...
  3. ThePurpleTwelve

Montipora Identification

Anyone know what Montipora species this is?
  4. ThePurpleTwelve

Clownfish Bullying Other Clownfish

I have two clownfish: an ocellaris and a platinum percula. The ocellaris is constantly chasing the platinum percula and nipping its tail, but the percula doesn't seem to care too much, even though its tail has a chunk missing. This has been going on since February. I think the ocellaris is a...
  5. ThePurpleTwelve

Green Finger Macroalgae

My LFS gave me some free Green Finger macroalgae. (That store is the best.) This is my first time owning macroalgae, and I know basically nothing. Do Green Fingers like lots of light? How much flow? Placement? Thanks!
  6. ThePurpleTwelve

HOW CAN I GET RID OF ALL THIS RED ALGAE?????

Hello people. I am having a problem with red algae. It's growing on the sand, rocks, walls, and there were even random strands of algae floating around on the surface a couple days ago! (I removed them) I am mainly concerned about the sand bed. The rocks are fine as long as the algae don't grow...
  7. ThePurpleTwelve

Did my cleaner shrimp die of old age?

I woke up this morning to find a dead cleaner shrimp laying on a rock. I am certain that it wasn't a molt, because it has eyes and a stomach. The day before, it was dancing all over my new BTA. Could the BTA have stung it to death? Or did it simply die of old age? It is about two inches long...
  8. ThePurpleTwelve

Hello Reef Sanctuary

Hello! I am a beginner reefer. I have a 30 gallon tank with a pair of ocellaris clownfish and a cleaner shrimp. Once my tank is ready, I am planning on getting a BTA.