Search results

1. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Yes it’s been cycling with cured live rock...should I leave lights on or blackout? Will it naturally die off at end with no phosphate....? Thanks
  2. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Soooo went skiing and left tank for a week, came back to algea Breakout all over rocks and glass. Mostly green hair..but several others too...amazing in one week. I had my lights running 12 hour cycle while gone with red and green turned down... my water went crazy too, salinity 1.025 ammonia 0...
  3. Kindred

NickFs Reefer 350

Aquascape is amazing nick, I can’t wait to see how it grows out!
  4. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Thanks nick , know that’s a newb question , but didt know lol. Set it below overflow and much quieter
  5. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Not sure my overflow box is set up correctly.....see picture the left overflow pipe is lower then the right larger diameter main flow thus water is always going down the lower pipe and never goes over the larger main flow lip...is that right? If not how do I adjust....
  6. Kindred

Courtney's Red Sea Reefer 350

Beautiful corals , thanks for the info I’m going to do the same for the Refugium , out of stock atm but when it’s back in I’ll order. Cheers, Kind
  7. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Thanks nobbygas, they look like the critters. There were like 5 or 6 last night on the rocks but now their hiding...I’ll keep an eye on them. I was worried might be a big problem Ammonia and nitrate at zero now...hopefully get some fish in a week or two now, thinking a pair of Picasso clowns...
  8. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Added some more rock and got some hitchhikes....worm looking things...kinda centipeedish looking with red heads and dark brown bodies....any idea what they are or what I should do.?? Seem to be spreading around. :/
  9. Kindred

Courtney's Red Sea Reefer 350

Corals look awesome, how did you set up your Refugium? It looks great, where did you get the baffles? Cheers, Kindred
  10. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Ok...so I think I have an addiction to moving rocks around...now I know why people do this with dry rock before adding water! Much more sturdy , more layers with light...thanks for the suggestions..added another 20 lbs of rock..up to 80.
  11. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Hi dave, Thanks for the feedback, now that you point it out I do notice there is a fair amount of shade in this design...top is pretty flat and good for corals but not a lot of steps down with different levels of light. Might move again before adding fish.. Maybe I’ll get more rock and try...
  12. Kindred

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Wow, your tank looks amazing! Great aquascape and so many fish.
  13. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Thanks for the feedback! Rearranged my rock again today to make it more open. Also installed two EcoTech mp40 poweheads, running them on lowest setting. Kev, I read some about light on and off seemed split. I wasn’t aware there was an algae phase, thought you were just always supposed to...
  14. Kindred

Kindreds reefer 350

Hello, Just got my reefer 350 deluxe set up and going for about a week now. very excited to start on this journey, this is my first salt water tank. Used about 60 lbs of live rock and live sand. So far so good ammonia 0 nitrite .5 phosphate a little high at .26. Keeping lights off during...