Search results

1. Mike Bivens

one week old

OK Here we are... added Dr. Tims 7 days ago after I set up the tanks with 120 lbs of caribsea special grade + 5 8x4 marine pure blocks in sump, Been feeding small amounts of food for past week. What am I missing? Do I need to add a dead shrimp or 2 to rise my ammonia levels? I have notices the...
  2. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

Just opened up the crate for my new Red Sea 650 Max s led so excited to finally get it after 3 months of deliberating what take I should buy. Well what a buzz kill... the back wall of the inside is broken. :wah: What will I need to do with Red Sea to get it replaced? Put everything back in the...
  3. Mike Bivens

LIVE ROCK vs. DEAD ROCK???

More advice please!!! As I await the arrival of the new red sea 650 . I am looking at aquascaping options. Live rock vs Dead rock. How risky is it to introduce live rock ( air ) to a tank and get bad hitch hitchhikers I have read may articles and seen many videos and getting mixed answers. Some...
  4. Mike Bivens

Need advise (new tank)

Looking to buy a Red Sea max -s 650 ... Any advise pros/cons. I had many salt tanks 30 years ago and the technology is so different. Just need some advise before I jump in head first. I will want a reef tank soft corals etc.