Search results

1. Mike Bivens

one week old

From what I have seen and heard online ATM doesn't work that great. But thats not to say it doesn't, its just what I have seen online. And anything you see online my not be true, but you have to trust it sometimes. I just got back into this hobby after 30 years and I know a lot of things have...
  2. Mike Bivens

one week old

I did add Dr. Tims the same day I added the live sand, but I didn't add the ammoudium chloride drops That was only a week ago. I did not test for ammonia until yesterday day, But have been testing nitrates of the past week, day 3 -- .25 day 5 -- 1.0 day 7 -- 4.0 day 8 -- over 4.0 so my...
  3. Mike Bivens

one week old

Thanks for the info. I saw that site also but not when I started. The one thing I did not do was add the ammonium chloride. I missed that one. But I did check my nitrated and today and they are going up now over 4.0 ppm My test kit only goes to 4. I will keep checking once Nitrates fall below...
  4. Mike Bivens

one week old

OK Here we are... added Dr. Tims 7 days ago after I set up the tanks with 120 lbs of caribsea special grade + 5 8x4 marine pure blocks in sump, Been feeding small amounts of food for past week. What am I missing? Do I need to add a dead shrimp or 2 to rise my ammonia levels? I have notices the...
  5. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

Just added the live sand, Should skimmer be on? Or will it be removing all the good bacteria?
  6. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

New tank is in and all is good. Looks like everything is holing up. They only thing I have not checked yes is the sump. But can't check it until I add the rock and sand. The amount of water it displaces should fill up the sump. I decided to mix the salt in the tank. Seemed the easiest way...
  7. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

Todays the day that the replacement comes in. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Also as for the original tank with the crack in the center wall. Its shame to throw it in the trash. If someone used it for freshwater it would work. I think.... Its still in the create. But I have Burtec waste coming...
  8. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

Well I got an e-mail today From Red Sea... And now I know why I spent the amount I did on the tank, With everything... you get what you pay for. Red Sea is sending me out a new tank. No insurance forms, No questions, No hassle, Basically just very sorry it happened which it wasn't there fault...
  9. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

Thanks I will call Monday when everyone is back in the office. Do you know if they will be replacing the entire unit or just the tank... dosn't make any sense to replace everything .. also because I went ahead and built the frame to where the tank need to be on it to level, Don't want to...
  10. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

I sent all info to BRS. I will send the same e-mail to Red Sea with all the pictures., Thanks Mike-
  11. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

Shit happens... But just like in my company, Its not how it happen, It's how it can be fixed... And worry about how it happened after its fixed. We will see how they address the situation. I did buy the tank thru BRS and they have been very responsive like usual. But lets see what Red Sea does...
  12. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

After we pulled out the rest of the boxes with the help of the flash light I noticed anther big crack on the out side back where it looks like a forklift punchered the crate. It definitely happened during shipping, The way Red Sea packed it there was no way it could break unless some dumb shit...
  13. Mike Bivens

Broken On Delivery!!!

Just opened up the crate for my new Red Sea 650 Max s led so excited to finally get it after 3 months of deliberating what take I should buy. Well what a buzz kill... the back wall of the inside is broken. :wah: What will I need to do with Red Sea to get it replaced? Put everything back in the...
  14. Mike Bivens

LIVE ROCK vs. DEAD ROCK???

Red Sea 650 max s LED tank just came in!!!!!! So excited until I opened the crate and noticed the back wall was broken... what a buzz kill.... But it is what it is... Is anyone familiar with there policies for returns or replacements. I will go on the Red Sea Forum and find out more info there...
  15. Mike Bivens

For the red sea 650, I have decided to go with dry live rock I am going to use 120 lbs of pukani I also ordered 1 lg Tonga shelf. along with the live sand I will use I am going to line the bottom of the sump with 6 marine pure blocks. Is that enough? I figured its not a sprint with this tank its...
  16. Mike Bivens

I actually like the live rock as well, But knowing 30 years ago when I had my salt tanks I got bristle worms really bad and could not get rid of them. I don't want that again. Its such a toss up..
  17. Mike Bivens

More advice please!!! As I await the arrival of the new red sea 650 . I am looking at aquascaping options. Live rock vs Dead rock. How risky is it to introduce live rock ( air ) to a tank and get bad hitch hitchhikers I have read may articles and seen many videos and getting mixed answers. Some...
  18. Mike Bivens

Need advise (new tank)

Thanks everyone for all the great advise. After looking at all the different options The Red Sea is the tank for me. I know it might cost a few extra bucks but in the long haul it will have everything I need, I will try and document the build and growth of the tank like Shaun did, That was...
  19. Mike Bivens

Need advise (new tank)

Yes, The rimless thing I really don't understand. I was originally looking for something with a canopy. But the dilemma is to get a Red Sea or have a tank built with a canopy and the build the filtration system. Is there any benefit to have it open or enclosed canopy is the way to go or is it...