Search results

1. MikeinToronto

Starting up an anemone/clown tank

I'm going to cross post the beginning of this journal from another forum but I will continue the updates here! I'll re-introduce myself and I bit about my plans. I'll try to keep all my questions and updates to this thread to make it easier for me to read back on them (and for anyone...
  2. MikeinToronto

Do people still use Beckett-style skimmers?

I have a Beckett-style skimmer rated for 500 gallons. Are these skimmers still considered good skimmers? I don't see many posts about them since about 2005 so I can't tell if there are problems people found with the technology. TIA
  3. MikeinToronto

The term "hosting"

I have been reading through many of the threads on this board trying to catch up since I haven't been here in a long time. I do have a pet peeve and I wanted to share it. The word "host" when referring to the anemone-clown relationship is used to describe the anemone, not the clown. The clown...
  4. MikeinToronto

Leaving the hobby!

Hi all! I am writing this to say thanks to everyone who helped me out through the years (and those I may have helped). Since there are too many names to mention - some who aren't even around anymore - I will just say a special thanks to Teri who has been the best member to me on this and on...
  5. MikeinToronto

jupiter's reef diary

jupiter's reef diary