Search results

1. C

Steve's LED with Bluefish WiFi Controller for RSM 130

Hi, I am going to be taking down my Red Sea Max C-130 that I retrofitted with Steve's LEDs and Bluefish wifi controller. I used this with no issues for about 2 years. I am selling the Retrofit LED system for $250 plus shipping. I live in Michigan so if you are near by and want the tank and...
  2. C

Skimmer Pump Heat, RSM C-130 Stock- Help

HI, I am really struggling with my stock RSM C-130 skimmer pump. It is running crazy hot. Here is the back story, when I first started using this tank I used the tunze skimmer but was not thrilled with the results. Red Sea convinced me to give the stock skimmer a shot saying it pulled out...
  3. C

Back To The Hobby RSM C-130

Yikes, not sure why these uploaded sideways. I will try to fix. Anyone know how to fix the orientation?
  4. C

It’s been almost a year, I think it’s time to update this with some more current photos. When I get home later, I upload some full tank shots. Here are a few corals. These are with the LED blues on high, I’ll take some tonight with the daylights on.
  5. C

Here is a full tank shot with some other pics......
  6. C

I'm not sure yet on the Steve's LED's. They seem to work well, I'm just concerned on the colors I am getting with them. They only come with two colors of LED, white and blue. I understand that that is all the corals need to grow, however, i think the other colors in the spectrum that you get...
  7. C

Ok, it’s been a while since I updated. So the tank has been running for a while now. I ended up using the Tunze skimmer. I’m not that pleased with it, it seems finicky and it’s not pulling as thick as I would like. I ended up getting a blue spotted jaw fish, a starburst anthias, my onyx clown...
  8. C

RSM C-130 with BlueSpotted Jawfish Question

Yes, still running with the stock hood but I have an LED retrofit in it. Im concerned about the opening in the back of the tank.
  9. C

RSM C-130 with BlueSpotted Jawfish Question

HI, I have a RSM C-130 and I am going to be getting a blue spotted jawfish. I'm trying to prevent suicide jumps, Do i need to cover the back of the tank on top of the back section or cover the back of the tank at all or should the lid suffice as enough to prevent carpet surfing. Let me know...
  10. C

Yes, but my impeller is fine, its just that rubber tip that was lost.
  11. C

So I added the rock to the tank and filled it with RODI and redsea coral pro salt. I also used a live sand for the substrate. I also did the steve's led upgrade over the weekend and for some reason it does not want to turn on. I got the it with the bluefish controller so I'm not sure where...
  12. C

WTB Intank Media tower for Red Sea Max C130

Looking to buy an Intank Media tower for Red Sea Max C130. Please let me know if you have one you want to let go. Thanks!
  13. C

Oh, Also, If I do get the Tunze 9001, do I also need to get an Intank media rack or can it be used without it?
  14. C

Ok, My rocks have been bleach and now I'm going to start getting it ready. I cleaned out the tank and the pumps with a vinegar solution. When cleaning out the skimmer pump, I dropped and lost the little rubber "condom" (for lack of a better term) at the end of the shaft that the needle wheel...
  15. C

After a 5 year hiatus from the hobby, I will be setting up a RSM C-130. I used to have a 90 gal mixed reef and a 28 gal JBJ all in one. A friend gave me a C-130 to get me back in the hobby, lets see how this works out. I have limited time for husbandry so I would like to try to keep things on...
  16. C

New Tank RSM C130

I've in the hobby for about 12 years. I took a break about 5 years ago and am now coming back into the hobby with the RSM C-130. I used to have a 90 Gal mixed reef and 28 JBJ cube all in one. I plan to start setting up the tank next week.