Search results

1. M

Reef Roids

Hi. I’m using Reef Roids with good results on colours of zoas and growth rate of Duncan’s in my RSM C-130. I use half a lab spatula twice per week. I’ve noticed that two days after I’ve used it I get a film of algae on all of my glass surfaces. Am I using the right amount for the size of the...
  2. M

white marks on anemone???

Hi. Linked to this thread, I’ve uploaded a photo of my BTA. I’ve had it for two weeks. Are the marks on mine similar to yours or should I be concerned?.
  3. M

Identification please?

Anybody know what this is? It’s on this zoa clump and also on another piece of rock. Thanks.
  4. M

HELP! What Is This?

Last week, I bought a Trumpet / Candy Cane Coral frag from my LFS. Yesterday, I noticed this lump developing. Today it is twice the size! Can anybody identify and advise, please? It’s in an RSM C-130 and is placed on the bed under a cave to reduce light levels. I have hermits and snails, clowns...
  5. M

Wave maker or Hydra?

Hi all. I am wondering what people think about using an Ocean Free Hydra (it came with the tank) in place of a wave maker which has recently stopped working. I am hoping to improve water flow and water quality. I have a few corals, mushrooms and zoa but nothing too fancy.
  6. M

Blue moonlight Upgrade in C-130

Thank you for that information, RedSeaKev, but do you know of any products that are available to attach to the hood to provide an additional light source?
  7. M

Blue moonlight Upgrade in C-130

Hello again. Are any other C-130 owners able to recommend suitable blue moonlight lights that will fit inside the hood? The built-in ones aren’t really bringing out the potential colours in the tank at night.
  8. M

In-Tank Media

Thank you, DaveK. I spoke with a chap at my LFS and he advised the same: all is well - clearing algae from the walls is just a regular part of tank maintenance.
  9. M

In-Tank Media

Hi all. I have an RSM C-130 (second-hand) but have bought a new In-Tank Media Rack and Tunze skimmer (which is much better - quieter/ efficient etc - than the RSM original, IMO). I have a recurring problem with green algae (non-hairy) covering the walls of my tank. I am carrying out c.20% water...
  10. M

HELP! What is this?

This is my sandbed at the front of my tank. All parameters are fine but when the sandbed gets disturbed, usually by the conch, there is an outbreak of diatoms on the sand and green algae on the glass. Should I do anything about it? The tank has been running for nine months. I have several fish...
  11. M

Is this a healthy tank?

Water changes are clearly not happening often enough. Once a month/ two months at best. I need to scrub it down and change the water 50%, see if that helps.
  12. M

Anemone advice please!

Thanks Dave. As before, water levels are: SG 1.026 No3 10 No2 0 Gh 8 Kh 15 Ph 8.2 Cl2 0.2 Last week, due to concerns about by BTA, my LFS tested for Phosphates with no concerns raised. It’s an RSM C-130 tank with 110W (2 X 55W) T5 Power Compact lights. Lights run for six hours per day. I have a...
  13. M

Is this a healthy tank?

Thanks Dave. Levels are: SG 1.026 No3 10 No2 0 Gh 8 Kh 15 Ph 8.2 Cl2 0.2 Last week, due to concerns about by BTA, my LFS tested for Phosphates with no concerns raised. I have one conch, three hermits, two shrimp, three trochus, three turbos and four nassarius snails at the moment - clearly not...
  14. M

Is this a healthy tank?

Hi Jonathan. Everything works fine. It’s a second hand system but all in good working order. I have had a period of everything settling down after the initial cycle but now it appears to be going through it again. Either that or I’m facing a full system crash!
  15. M

Is this a healthy tank?

5 months in, I’m still not sure I’m doing this right. The tank interior is brown and furry and not the pristine environment I was hoping for. My water levels are all good but the sand has diatoms on it and only today I found my Royal Gramma lying on the bottom gasping for air. :duh: Please see...
  16. M

Algae on live rock and walls

I have this algae growing on my live rock and rear wall of tank. Should I remove it or leave it for crabs etc to graze on? I can’t decide whether it will affect my levels and should get rid. Thanks.
  17. M

Anemone advice please!

I have a Bubble Tip Anemone in my tank. When I first bought it, it had vibrant colours and its arms were long and waving but now…see the picture! Short arms, almost translucent. My water levels are all good and it is in an area with good water flow but it does not look happy and is not taking...
  18. M

HELP! Crab ID please

Thank you both. It is interesting that you suggest that the crab could pose a risk to slow-movers as I have lost two turbo snails in as many nights! This little critter is now prime suspect! :whip:
  19. M

HELP! Crab ID please

I have a crab in my live rock. It must be a hitchhiker as I haven't put it in there. Can anybody ID it? Is it reef safe? Thanks in advance...:winky:
  20. M

Anemone kills Trochus?

Does anybody have any experience of an anemone killing a Trochus snail? I have a rose BTA and this morning found a Trochus lying on it's side next to the anemone. It's possible that the snail crawled over the live rock and came into contact with the anemone but would this be enough to kill it?