Search results

1. T

BTA Problems/Questions

Here is another pic. It’s definitely attached
  2. T

BTA Problems/Questions

It’s hard to get a pic because it’s deep under the rocks but here he is. Some really large bubble tips (larger than normal)
  3. T

BTA Problems/Questions

Yes. Almost 7 months
  4. T

BTA Problems/Questions

It is attached. I fed it mysis when it was out and open twice. I just can’t believe it doesn’t need light. It’s been two weeks since it was in the open...
  5. T

BTA Problems/Questions

I am using the Steve’s LED retrokit. It’s 100w full spectrum 14k (I’m running at about 30%) the light has been the same since I introduced the BTA to the tank. http://www.stevesleds.com/Biocube-29-LED-Turbo-Upgrade-System--Plug-and-Play_p_298.html As for flow I have the Biocube stock return...
  6. T

BTA Problems/Questions

So I added a BTA about a month ago. First two weeks he was great.he quickly attached to rock and about a week later hosted my clown. Since then he moved and hid under the rock. Mostly closed up but still attached and moving(slightly opening) I was moving the rocks and I exposed him. It moved...
  7. T

Biocube 29 Stocking

I love the idea of a Mandarin but tank has only been running for about 7months. I’m afraid I don’t have a mature pod population. I do have about 25 lbs of LR though. I could possibly dose with pods but not sure that would be enough. I don’t have a fuge. Do you think 4 fish is ok? I was afraid...
  8. T

Biocube 29 Stocking

Looking to add something to my Biocube 29. Currently have small Maroon clown and Valentini Puffer, a peppermint shrimp, and assorted CUC. Figure I could add one more fish and maybe another invert. Was thinking yellow clown goby(nice pop of color and lots of perches available for him) Any...
  9. T

Just got a BTA

I bought a BTA last week. None of my hermits have came near it. When it first went in the tank the peppermint shrimp jumped on it but has since left it alone. Now that my Maroon clown has been hosted I don't expect anymore issue of others getting near the BTA.
  10. T

My Biocube 29

A few new pics: Clown and anenome Valenti PufferBrain coralHammer coral
  11. T

My Biocube 29

I use the PP4 on wave mode. I can try to increase flow. Just have to figure out what won't move the sand. I don't have a rodi filter at home but plan to save up and buy one eventually. I've been using distilled water. Should I switch and buy from LFS?
  12. T

My Biocube 29

Tank update: We survived Hirricane Irma with no damage or power loss. I was really concerned for the tank. Crisis adverted. Now the cyano seems to be coming back a little in the sand and on one rock. I will do another water change tomorrow but at this point is chemiclean worth a try? Or...
  13. T

My Biocube 29

It took 4 days but the Maroon found his anenome!!!
  14. T

My Biocube 29

I really like him. Very active. Watches when I walk by(seems like he sees me lol) A really fun fish...
  15. T

My Biocube 29

Full tank shot Sand looks much better after water change and siphon. Still trying to envision what coral I want in the right of the rocks. Maybe a small colony of something or a separate LR island covered in zoas. Or rock anemones. This hobby is fun but there are so many chooses it's maddening lol
  16. T

My Biocube 29

the frogspawn frag seems to like it's new spot. This is the biggest it's looked since I got it. Now I'm trying to decide what other corals I want. I think I'm attracted to LPS the most (not ready for SPS) I'm considering some plate corals or acans or brains for the sand. Can't decide yet what I...
  17. T

My Biocube 29

Just retested water parameters. Getting a little better but still got some work to do... SG 1.022 Nitrates 10-20ppm Phosphate > 0.25ppm Calcium 280 dKH 8/ KH 143.2ppm Any suggestions on how to move SG/Calcium/KH up safely?
  18. T

My Biocube 29

I can't compare to others as I haven't had them but I do like the Biocube. That being said I have made a lot of modifications. The lights aren't very good. I added a RetroFit LED kit. I also removed the bioballs and added an intank media basket. All in all I'm happy with the purchase so far.
  19. T

My Biocube 29

Only have one coral so far. I will add that prior to the LEDs I out in on Friday the CF lights were old. (I bought the tank used) I've read that can also be a problem with cyano and algae.
  20. T

My Biocube 29

20% WC weekly with purified/distilled water 3 hermits, 1 turbo, 1 conch, 2 astra, 4 nerite, and a nassarius(but haven't seen him in awhile) and a peppermint shrimp. Feed frozen brine or mysis daily(one cube usually lasts 5 days) Maroon clown and Valentini puffer Up and running for 4 months...