Search results

1. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

Newest member of our tank...He's happy, healthy, and eating like a pig! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  2. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

Newest Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  3. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

My RBTAs...kind of my faves right now! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  4. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

After doing a lot of research, once it colored up and started making actual polyps, and talking to a few seasoned reefers, as well as a marine biologist...the jury has concurred that it is a favite; pentagona to be exact. Lol Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  5. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

A before and after... Found this piece, buried in the sand in the back of my tank, about 2 weeks after acquiring the tank from previous owner...no idea what it was. Nothing more than a red/brown blob. Now, 4 months later, and some TLC, I have this little beauty. [emoji16] Sent from my...
  6. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

Broke out the canon, and knocked the dust off.... (I am a professional outdoor wildlife/scenic photographer) and had a stab at my first "through the tank glass" with one of my macro lens. I'm still piddling and tweaking some of my manual settings, but it beats my phone. Lol Sent from my...
  7. pireefgirl85

Brand New To RS, Fairly New To Reef Tanking, And Self Taught [emoji85] lol

To get everything cleared out, in the beginning, since I could not shock the system and do a 100% water change(it would scare the pants off of you to know the parameters of the original tank water [emoji85]) I set up not only the sump(which was not in functioning order at the time of the move)...
  8. pireefgirl85

Previous owner no longer wanted it. Originally offered it to my in-laws, but living where we do(right on coast) most houses are raised(I think there's is somewhere around 10-12 ft up) and the issue was supporting the weight of it, and their busy life, and no prior experience with any kind of...
  9. pireefgirl85

I do. The 1st seven pictures attached are of the tank right before it was broken down at previous owners home to prepare it to move to our house. The 8th pic is late on the 1st night I had it up Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  10. pireefgirl85

Thank you...i have many passions/hobbies(we hunt,fish, crab, and shrimp for a living and flee fun lol) and I'm a scenic photographer who has a passion for nature. This tank has really captured my heart. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  11. pireefgirl85

The original tank mates were as listed: Skunk Cleaner Shrimp Mandarin Dragonet Orange Spotted Shrimp Goby Pink Spotted Watchman Goby 6 Blue Green Chromis 2 Evil Maroon Clowns 4.5" Hippo Tang(who did pass on to the big blue in the sky) Everything else I've added myself, and all are doing...
  12. pireefgirl85

She helps feed them every night [emoji4] Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  13. pireefgirl85

Thanks, everyone....as I said, a heck of a learning curve. Lol Lots of trial by fire, but no casualties(aside from a large hippo tang that came to me with the tank that was in advanced stages of HLLE and passed due to no fault of my own). With a chronically ill child (our almost 3 yr old) I've...
  14. pireefgirl85

Hello all, from the Gulf Coast in Coonassville South Louisiana; lovely Pecan Island! Lol Im new to this group, and pretty fresh in the saltwater/reef tank hobby. I was actually thrown into it, without floaties, and had to learn to swim pretty quickly. Can we say one heck of a learning curve...
  15. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

I surely will! Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  16. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

Blasto Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  17. pireefgirl85

A Picture A Day......

One of the 9 Duncan colonies in my system Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk