Search results

1. Improvize

Alternate Circulation Pumps

Ahhhhhhhhhhh of course. The 250 "sump" is on the rear. 650 sump is below. Of course. Regarding circulation, I don't really like needing 4 pumps to do the job of two. Especially when the 4 pumps I have can't be controlled or directed exactly where I want them. I get the bang for buck comment...
  2. Improvize

What filtration are they going through? Mine are just water circulation pumps.
  3. Improvize

So I found myself last night contemplating shutting down my 4 circulation pumps in favour of, for example, two MP40s. I'm going to be replacing the skimmer with the NYOS Quantum 160 and using a bigger RODI reservoir too so I find the number one question after such thoughts is "why not buy a...
  4. Improvize

Red sea max 250 skimmer?

No issues with a Red Sea C-Skim? So it's not super LOUD? I've got mine tuned as good as it gets and the skimmate is not as dark as I have seen with other skimmers. And it's very loud. Other than that, works perfectly fine.
  5. Improvize

Nobby's S-650

That's like a million Aussie dollars. lol
  6. Improvize

Nobby's S-650

OK got it, so no more vodka. Just NoPox. How about a small, cheap wavemaker in the sump? I have actually thought the 650 sump design is a little flawed in that it doesn't seem to circulate all the water all the way to the left in the main chamber so may stagnate a bit. Small wavemaker would...
  7. Improvize

New RSM S 650 LED

It's what I was told it should be in order to avoid sump flooding in the event of both a power and RODI chamber failure.
  8. Improvize

My new 500max led build

Sounds like the Synology with Surveillance Station. I have that same setup (although with 30tb storage) for my security CCTV. Started with the two included licences then bought more after testing. I use the Hikvision HD PoE cameras at the moment although with the advances of wifi in recents...
  9. Improvize

Nobby's S-650

Oooooooh... I read in this thread a relationship between nopox and slime... Maybe I have this. I dose 10ml nopox a day, all at once as I am manually dosing, as well as 3ml of vodka. Because I was told to. I'm reading 0 nitrates and 0 nitrites and reading this thread i now know that's wrong. time...
  10. Improvize

Cleaning Tips & Tricks

Hey everyone... Who's got some cleaning tips and tricks? I need to do a really good clean of my setup. The guy who owned it before me maintained the water quality but didn't seem to clean parts of the RSM. The rear reservoir (not the ATO), the downflow chamber, the sump... They're all quite...
  11. Improvize

My new 500max led build

I didn't realise my carbon was clogged and my water backed up to the filter sock level in the whole rest of the sump!!! Thank goodness I have 650 litres of water as the salinity only dropped from 1.026 to 1.025! I have moved my carbon now so it's just in the main part of the sump. I have Poly...
  12. Improvize

New RSM S 650 LED

Thanks so much. :) Looking forward to staying a while.
  13. Improvize

New RSM S 650 LED

Thanks. Saw that. I have a chiller there though.
  14. Improvize

New RSM S 650 LED

Adjusted it to what?
  15. Improvize

New RSM S 650 LED

This is my setup by the way. First setup/cycled and established by the previous owner in March 2017. Bought by me and moved (40min by road, including 80% of the water!) just over three weeks ago. Display Tank Ambient light - sitting Room Ambient light - whole setup. Relaxing and enjoying...
  16. Improvize

New RSM S 650 LED

Hi everyone. I bought a 4 month old established RSM S 650 LED and have a question about ATO. I want to use a much better ATO system than the build in float but with the reservoir being higher than the sump, how can I set it up? Something like the Tunze Osmolator would be perfect but as far as I...