Search results

1. Sharkbite73

After the massacre

Many thanks, I didn't consider the liver toxins, but well pointed out. I'll check on vibrant, looks like a good product.
  2. Sharkbite73

After the massacre

Hey All, I feel I need to open up about this due to what happened, the way I felt, and what to do moving forward. I was coming to month 10 of owning my e260. Everything was set to a week away, 50% water change, stocked up on frozen, and had instructed the pet sitter on how to feed them. It is...
  3. Sharkbite73

A big thanks so far

Hi Everyone I just wanted to say thanks so far. It's been a long stressful ride so far, but probably because I tried rushing things. I've had heartache by losing fish through stupidity, and joy of seeing my cleaner shrimp give birth. I'm still getting the odd bloom, but that is due to our...
  4. Sharkbite73

Sterilis(z)ing water butts

Thanks very much DaveK
  5. Sharkbite73

Sterilis(z)ing water butts

Hey All I'm planning on running a 65L RO unit and collecting it in a 210L water butt. The issue I can foresee is how do I sterilise the container. I am thinking MIlton sterilising fluid for babies. Has anyone else had this headache. how did you get round it. Sterilising Fluid Kills 99.9% of...
  6. Sharkbite73

Benefits / Dangers of live rock

Don't think of much else
  7. Sharkbite73

Cheers SPR I've got tons of frozen prawn to satisfy their appetite. I upgraded from an oscar tank. As for the £800 not sure if my man bits would survive the night lol
  8. Sharkbite73

Thanks, I've heard Wrasse and copperbands are good for eating them?
  9. Sharkbite73

Omg what have I done

No probs
  10. Sharkbite73

Hi Dave Sorry, yes a while is as good as a fart in a space suit. It's been running for a month now. I have 13.5kg of red reef rock and used seed live bacteria to start the cycle. After a water change and parameter test I added 2 clown. The Algae hit as it should, and I added the clean up crew...
  11. Sharkbite73

Max E260 Upgrades

I've got a heater, and filled up my media rack with ceramic and red sea rock off cuts. No room for anything else :( I do have an auto top up though straight in to a barrel of RO.
  12. Sharkbite73

Hi my collective hive mind, I have been running a tank for a while, and am at the stage where my orange algae has just been munched by my clean crew. I asked my LFS if they had any medium or large hermit shells, washed them in RO and popped them in. Out comes a bristle worm, which, I managed to...
  13. Sharkbite73

new member & new reefer

Hey welcome to the community. I got a a e260, and the only regret is where I put it. I've placed mine in the corner of the room so can only access it from the left hand side and the front. I stand on the couch arm so that part isn't a drama. I'm 1 month in and am just going through the orange...
  14. Sharkbite73

Omg what have I done

Yeah you and me both. I was taking pigeon steps and a guy from Maidenhead aquatic suggested the clowns. They guaranteed they would be ok. I'm kind of convinced with 2 x 1 inch fish in 260l of water, but still bricking it. As long as I'm up 3 times a night checking my levels I can't see an issue.
  15. Sharkbite73

Omg what have I done

Thanks Saints Thanks for tha advice I went with red reef rock in the end. I added my first fish today, a pair of tiny tank bred Clownfish, after my local shop said clean up crews won't start the cycle as well as 2 fish.
  16. Sharkbite73

Omg what have I done

I got the tank from the lfs today, opened the cabinet to build it and one of the struts is missing. So back to the ship tomorrow. I was concerted about live rock vs Red Sea rock. I've got all the components other than the RO water, just need to get it all together.
  17. Sharkbite73

HELP! Guidance Needed on this journey.

Hey I'm also starting out. I'd recommend Youtube but stick to one channel. There is a 52 BRS build it up from the base. LOADS of info. For aquascaping look at pintrest.
  18. Sharkbite73

Omg what have I done

Hey Terry As you can tell from my previous posts, my plan isn't going to work with the 260. Can you please point me at setting up one of these tanks, either links or just in brief.
  19. Sharkbite73

Omg what have I done

Thanks very much for all the feedback. I'll hopefully be able to keep you updated as it comes along.