Search results

1. O

Are urchins reef save?

I ve got two urchins in my tank.One i a pencil urchin the other one is one i found in some rocks near my house.Is it safe to have them in my tank or should I get rid of them?
  2. O

stupid question

Stupid question any one here run there sump with nothing in except filter wool in the compartment before the skimmer witch is changed every week with a 10% water change and dosing No-Pox,Someone runs a system like that here and claims zero nitrates and phosphates.
  3. O

My clams

Just a few photos of my T.Maxima clams.I have 6 of them ,4 of them where saved in the local fish market the other two come from the coast of Oman
  4. O

Zero Nitrates but high levels of PO4.What should I do to lower the PO4?

My tank has 0 nitrates but i have a high PO4 reading 2.0 on an API test kit .My nitrates are kept down with home made VVS and I am trying to lower the PO4 level with Rowa Phos but to no success. The Rowa Phos has been in for 14 days in a reactor.How long does it normally take to come down?
  5. O

Hello new here

Hello new here from Abu Dhabi Ex South African who has been living in the middle east for the last 25 yrs,been keeping marine fish for the blast 3and tropical fish for the last 40yrs.