Search results

1. stevedola

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

how are the leds working out?
  2. stevedola

Max 130

I looked it up and reports from others are saying the 9004 is too big by 1/4". The 9001 is a good alternative skimmer unless others have more experience with this issue and could post a better option.
  3. stevedola

Max 130

will tunze 9004 fit? I think it might. if not the 9001 will. both prolly best replacement from what ive read and researched
  4. stevedola

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

this is exactly what Im doing when I setup. 2 hydras seem the way to go. very good color and control.
  5. stevedola

HELP! Perimeters are to high

Again, all I am saying is that to test your batches of salt and be aware of what it mixes to. Here is a group of test done by experienced hobbyist and a lab. You can see the variance. It has happened in the past where batches of salt have large deviations from the companies stated values. I...
  6. stevedola

Stevedola's Redsea Max 250

I was looking at the AI Hydra HD 26's at my lfs and I was impressed. Im leaning towards them based on the ease of use and implementation.
  7. stevedola

These readings are from an RCmod Bertoni who credited 2 members Billybeau1 and hilgert on their forum. I consider these tests reputable but if you have conflicting information please post your results. All I am getting at is that regular testing of your salt should be performed. I have ruined...
  8. stevedola

this test was performed within the last couple months. Brand: Instant Ocean Reef Crystals Temp: 78 (glass thermometer) SG: 1.026 (35 ppt refractometer) Alk: 15 dkh (tested 3 times with Red Sea Marine Care Test Kit) Ca: 440 ppm (Red Sea Calcium Pro Test Kit) Mag: 1240 ppm (Red Sea Magnesium Pro...
  9. stevedola

Here is a list of common reef salts and their composition of our big 3 elements Salt Product Calcium Alkalinity Magnesium Aquatic Gardens 430 8 1240 Brightwell Neomarine 370 11 1140 CoraLife 560 9 1380 Crystal Sea Marinemix 340 9 1050 Crystal Sea Marinemix Bio-Assay 340 9 1050 D-D H2Ocean 450 10...
  10. stevedola

Ive been researching algae scrubbers and have run across santamonicas design. the drop in is nice idea especially for a RSM but the price is insane (imo) for a small plastic box with a couple leds. Im going to figure out something and try to install in the media potion of the sump area. even if...
  11. stevedola

I have an original RSM 250 being gifted to me from my father. I wanted to upgrade to a couple hydra 26s and swap out the stock skimmer for a Tunze 9004 comline. Will the LEDs fit in the hood? Will the Skimmer fit in the filtration chamber of the older RSM250? I was also interested in installing...
  12. stevedola

RSM 250 LED and Skimmer questions

I was also interested in creating an algae scrubber in the back filtration section...has anyone done a project like this?
  13. stevedola

RSM 250 LED and Skimmer questions

I have an original RSM 250 being given to me. I wanted to upgrade to a couple hydra 26s and swap out the stock skimmer for a Tunze 9004 comline. Will the LEDs fit in the hood? Will the Skimmer fit in the filtration chamber of the older RSM250?