Search results

1. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

Ok here is an update on the tank, I have got some goodies to show off lol.
  2. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

Ladies and gentalman we have amphipods!!!!!
  3. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

Thank you so much I am learning so much every day! I have added about 10 pounds of live rock and have tested my water every day and seen the spikes!! Everything is reading 0 besides NH3 witch is reading around 5-10 should I do a %50 percent water change? I also have not added the light for...
  4. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

honestly all i did to try to prevent the cloudiness is just laid a plate on the sand and poured slowly onto the plate
  5. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

If you don't mind me asking, what would be a great lighting option for this tank and also the best height for live rock to reach for optimal coal growth. I want this tank to be not just great for the coral but the fish.
  6. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

I actually have the pump running now LOL is this a bad thing?
  7. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

BEAUTIFUL! so what ill do is add the rock and heater next week give it time to get to the proper temp and then recheck with my hydrometer! thank you so much!
  8. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

thank you so much. I am a littler worried about the salt level.. but again i have nothing in it yet.. I want to go to the local fish store and buy the rock now and the bottle of cheat bacteria lol but i will wait it out. Question- what is the ideal salt level? my guess is 1.023?
  9. Geraldray

Gerald's reef tank

My 55 gallon saltwater journey. salt- Instant ocean reef crystal + calcium Live sand- ocean direct Caribbean live sand filter- Aquatop CF300 canister so that's what i'm using. the tank has been filled and running 24 hours and i checked the Hydrometer and its reading 1.020 and 1.021 The...
  10. Geraldray

New guy on the reef

Thank you for the welcome! This also is my first time on a Forum haha. I would love to start a diary but i don't have a clue how to start it.
  11. Geraldray

New guy on the reef

Hello everyone my name is Gerald, I'm 27 years old I have 4 kids and a wife. I have decided to start a salt water reef tank in a 55 gallon. Thus far I have my live sand,filter and water&salt in the tank right now I am using aquatop300 canister filter. This is the beginning of what I hope to be...