Search results

1. Susanedw

use old tank to start new one?

I'd also add a bottle of biospira or other bottle bacteria to get it going.
  2. Susanedw

Bluefish Mini Controller settings

sounds reasonable, @StevesLEDs I'm going to just let it ramp 90 min in morning, stay, and ramp down 90 slightly lower in evening and then down 90 to night. So I start at 9am and at 9 pm I start the ramp down to night and from 5-9 the lights go slightly lower
  3. Susanedw

Pat, you are right. 2 channels. <<CH1 will be the blue mix and CH2 is the white mix. Bluefish is a general controller that is compatible with many LED systems, and all systems don't necessarily use all 6 channels.>> so adjusted just 1 and 2.
  4. Susanedw

I sent a question to Steve's. I paid extra to get the violet booster upgrade. Also on his website, for the controller, it says 6 channels. I do know that green is a color that is considered useless by some, and have read that we can't even see it. Here is what I took from steve's site...
  5. Susanedw

thanks. adjusting lighting is new as before I didn't have to do it. Now I have 3 different led set ups. hydra 26's on the e170, current on the 125 gal and now these new leds and the controllers are all different! I do like being able to adjust
  6. Susanedw

thanks Pat Will do some playing around. I do have the natural sunlight on. Do you know what they call each color? So how is this 8-1230--90 ramp 4.5 blue 45, red 6, blue 45, white 20, gn 5, violet 25 1230-6--90 ramp 4.5 blue 70, red 16, blue 70, white 30, gn 15, violet 45 6-1030-90 ramp...
  7. Susanedw

Thanks @Pat24601
  8. Susanedw

So I did the led retrofit (steve's led's) and am trying to get the bluefish settings set. In setting times, does the "length" of time include the ramp up or down time? So if morning starts at 8 with a 90 min ramp and 240 min length (4 hrs), is it a total of 4 hrs or 4 hrs plus 1.5 hrs: ex...
  9. Susanedw

Susan's RMS c250

well, over a week ago, my lights broke. First 2 bulbs went out, then 2 more, leaving with just 2 bulbs. Figuring it was 1 or 2 ballasts or some other sort of electrical (why would 2 go out at once) I started thinking. Taking into consideration removing hood, taking hood apart, I'd probably be...
  10. Susanedw

Susan's RMS c250

Thanks Pat and Pancho
  11. Susanedw

Susan's Grand 125 Adventure

Some good news!! Looks like the Ruby survived. Saw it swimming in qt this am so netted him, he went thru some drama, had me thinking "oh sh** not again, but I put him in the display and he's out swimming and eating just fine... The blue head was hiding but finally saw him come out and eat...
  12. Susanedw

Oh, in less than 2 months, I have coraline. Spotted it on glass a week ago or so and today I can see it on the rocks. Had to use my flipper to scrape it off glass. That was a surprise. Figured 4-6 months at least. Hoping this means tank is pretty stable. Having to dose to bring numbers up. Will...
  13. Susanedw

Time for an update. I think second tank is like second child--you aren't as excited over certain milestones like: tank is over a month old. My other tank I was right here posting my month birthdays! Lots going on. First fish: I must have a wrasse Jinx as I ordered 4 from Live Aquaria The...
  14. Susanedw

Update from a couple weeks ago New Fish: McCoskers Wrasse--seems okay. Been watching. Not as active but eats Ruby Head Wrasse--Had white stringy poo. Metro and focus now in food for 10 days Blue Head Wrasse--Normal Poo spotted today. Actually not sure which of these two wrasse had the icky poo...
  15. Susanedw

Susan's RMS c250

The ricordia is exploding. Wondering if I need to attempt to move that zoa. Full tank updated shot Susan
  16. Susanedw

Susan's RMS c250

17. Susanedw

Susan's RMS c250

18. Susanedw

Susan's RMS c250

geez, a year since I last posted here.... been concentrating on the 125 I guess... Okay will copy an update from another forum for catch up. Had no idea so long... Month 14 updates Fish New fish: 2 dispar anthias doing great (2 purple didn't make it) They all love the baby brine shrimp i...
  19. Susanedw

Susan's RMS c250

This poor tank thread is being woefully neglected! It is now 15.5 months old. One rotten thing: 4 of my lights in the hood went out within minutes of each other. Can't be 2 ballasts within minutes, or not likely, so electrical of some sort. Did some thinking. If, worse case, it was 2...
  20. Susanedw

Water Changes - How do you do it ?

I'm getting ready to change my system. With the 66 gal, I'd take out 8-9 gal in a 10 gal brute on a harbor freight dolly. Roll into bathroom and tip into tub. Then roll in the 20 gal brute on brute wheels (they snap onto the bottom) and fill as needed. Also do the fish qt tank in same room...