Search results

1. djpensive

DJ's 54 Corner Tank Build and Progress

I brought a sample to my LFS and they have confirmed that it is in fact GHA. I can't understand what the issue with the growth coming back is though. I'm religiously doing water changes, typically 10 gallons a week, pre-mixed from the LFS and I'm using RO/DI water for top offs. I'm going to...
  2. djpensive

Is Everything Looking Normal?

I've had brown stuff lying on top of my sand and it ended up being more than diatoms...hopefully you have diatoms though. Came across a couple of aptasia and was luckily able to eridacate them before they became an issue...I've hear horror stories as mentioned in an earlier response...the other...
  3. djpensive

I've been battling this Algae for weeks now, I've added scrubber pads because my phosphates and nitragtes were a bit high, and added some chaeto to the fuge section with a lamp running oposite the day light...I've slowed feeding to once a day, and even tried two seperate times to black out the...
  4. djpensive

well I haven't seen em since that day...so I'm assuming it's not the case. I've haven't been on in a few weeks but have been adding to the tank. I'll update with pictures soon, but I've added a coral beauty angel, some acan frags, a monti, and a porcelin crab since I've last been on, things are...
  5. djpensive

Maybe who molted? The goby or shrimp? I suspect the shrimp did molt prior to it's death, regarding the goby...correct me of I'm wrong but molting isn't something they do
  6. djpensive

When you have a super aggressive anemone you end up with a dead goby on top of the already dead shrimp.
  7. djpensive

I added my first corals yesterday, got a hammer torch and a superman mushroom! And also for no good reason I'm adding a pic of my last African tank in here! Hammer Torch Superman Mushroom
  8. djpensive

All is well again, and the nem seems completely comfortable now. Settled into a spot and fully extending, guess he just likes the shrimp a little to much
  9. djpensive

Well my nem ate a shrimp and spit out half, and is currently pooping. I hope this is relatively normal behavior he's found his spot and earlier was behaving great...came home from work to a murder scene tho
  10. djpensive

Just getting back into a reef

Enjoy the setup! The preparation is an enjoyable process! Everyone likes pictures here!!
  11. djpensive

Added my first Nem yesterday, and also picked up a diamond goby who doesn't know how to pose for pictures as of yet. The Nem hasn't found the spot he likes yet, I placed him in one spot, and he's moved 3 times since. This morning he was up high on a rock and by the time I left my house he was...
  12. djpensive

Back after 25 years.... has anything changed?

LIES!!!:yup::yup::yup:
  13. djpensive

As long as the computer is the clunky thing and not my tank, I'll be happy! I guess that means that Rab should keep the tank in the more modern ways, but I think by going with a Red Sea it's kind of hard not to...
  14. djpensive

I would think technology has changed quite a bit in 25 years, but the old-school way of doing things I'm sure still works too. Welcome!
  15. djpensive

Added my first friends that swim over the weekend, went to the LFS and picked out a Black Ice Clown, and a Phantom Clown. They didn't come as a pair, but they've already become one thanks to my skills as a fish whisperer! I've named them Nemo and Omen, well the fiance actually named them but if...
  16. djpensive

How did you find this forum?

Read through a bunch of different reef forums, with old responses, and even older methods to reef keeping. Came across this one and saw some different information and some really nice tanks, one thing I was told when wanting to get into reef keeping, was find someone with a tank you love, and...
  17. djpensive

A Picture A Day......

This tank is absolutely stunning!
  18. djpensive

Coral questions...

Thanks for sharing that document, it'll definitely come in handy, I'll save that to my "reef facts file" for use going forward!
  19. djpensive

A Picture A Day......

One of the first additions to my setup
  20. djpensive

Got my clean up crew in there now, and they've all survived the first night in their new home, and have already started to go to work! One more week and I'll have a more living things in there. And so the journey begins :thumber2: