Search results

1. S

Using a Gyre in a RSM

Alright, so Im wondering how many of you have a gyre style wave maker in your tanks?? On top of that, how many of you use it on the pulse setting? Are the tanks built to hold up to the pulse setting?? Thanks
  2. S

Wanted RSM 250 Hood

If anyone has an original RSM 250 hood they no longer want let me know. Thank you.
  3. S

Wanting to add an external sump

I have an original RSM 250. I've been wanting to add an external sump (Eshopps RS75) and I know people have done it. I have some questions though and hoping some can post pics. I've tried the search feature, but a lot of the links I've found on here the pics are no longer visiable. So here I go...
  4. S

Mystery Creature found in my tank

Looking for help ID'ing this mystery creature. This is the first time I have ever seen it and I've had my this rock in my tank for 3 months. Its deep inside the rock and doesnt appear to like the light to much. When I tried to video it, the light scared it into its hole. Its Black/Greyish with...
  5. S

I have another mystery Coral

I bought this piece of live rock and it had 2 small patches on it, that at the time of purchase were pink like bubble gum. It has since turned into this, which is about 1" in size. This pic is of the smaller of the two since its in a odd spot to try to take a picture of. Does anyone know what...
  6. S

Max 250 Skimmer Options

I bought a original Max 250 off of craigslist. It did not come with a skimmer. Doing some research the Deltec MC500 was recommended. Although it is discontinued. So looking for some suggestions on what to use, that is not a hang on the back.
  7. S

HELP! No idea what this is

When I bought this at the LFS, they told me it was a blue xenia. However, it does not look anything like what Im finding on the internet. Its reminds me of wish-me-not flowers in my grandmas flower bed. Very small and this entire piece is no large than the frag head it came on, but it has been...
  8. S

To keep or not to keep

So I have an original Max 250 tank that is not set up yet. I wanted to get my C130 established first. I have a question for you all and hope its not a biased opinion since I am in the Max section of this site. The more I do research and think about my next tank the more, Im thinking the Max...
  9. S

HELP! What kind of Snail is this?

Can someone tell me what kind of snail this is?
  10. S

Mini reactor questions

I have a Mini Max Reactor that came with my C130 tank. I have some questions about it. -The original owner of the tank had this in place of the built in media rack. I can only assume that this is just a different type of replacement for the media rack? -Being that it is a couple of tubes with...
  11. S

Looking for the rear cover Red Sea Max 250

Im looking for the rear cover for an original Red Sea Max 250. I bought this tank used, and this cover didnt come with it (the one missing in the pic). Please let me know what you have or possibly where to get one. Thank you!
  12. S

HELP! Help ID this Star

I just noticed this small little star fish in our tank, when I seen my Cardinal's picking at it, probably why it only has 2 and a half legs now, he sure is fast also. What is it and is it harmless to corals, polyps, etc...
  13. S

SLS C130 Tank

Hi Everyone, I've been wanting to get back into SW tanks for some time now. About 6 months back I ran across the Red Sea tanks and I liked what I saw. Well just this past weekend I happened to stumble across a C130 on my local Craigslist for a very fair value. I went to pick it up and found out...
  14. S

Back at it

Hello everyone! My name is Ramie and I have just gotten back into SW tanks after being out of it for about 20 years. I've been visiting the local SW stores and trying to get acquainted with all the new technology out there. Wow has it changed! Needless to say Im a bit overwhelmed. However I was...