Search results

1. J

Favia behaviour

sorry - Favia!!! I don't know how the edit the thread title?
  2. J

Favia behaviour

I know Favia have sweeping tentacles at night but do they move their flesh - last night after feeding it live photo with the lights off - I am sure I saw it moving - not from one place to another, but like it's skin was rippling / moving?
  3. J

red corraline?

yes they do look a bit like them - I have put it on the hitchhiker forum so will be interesting to see what they are - certainly nothing I have bought and my rock was uncured when I bought it so didn't get any hitchhikers with it (that I was aware of anyway)
  4. J

ID Please

Can someone tell me what these are - they look like mushrooms - have a few patches in different areas of the tank. They are not really soft though - quite firm but they sort of grow over each other. (Sorry pictures are only from my iPhone so not good quality).
  5. J

red corraline?

well neither really :confused3: They are firm and you can feel their edges - they are not soft like a coral mushroom or anywhere near like red slime algae - I have quite a few spots of them and they sort of grow over each other ??
  6. J

red corraline?

Any idea what they are - here is another pic
  7. J

red corraline?

Are these red mushrooms a type of corraline?
  8. J

Jayne51 (Debbie) 95L Tank

Thank you - I have 3 feather dusters and they are my favourite together with my shrimp / goby pair - can't count the hours I have watched them! :)
  9. J

Jayne51 (Debbie) 95L Tank

Kent Marine Bioreef 95L Started 13.2.16 Back Chambers - Heater, Skimmer, Return Pump DT - 2 x Wave makers 11 Kilo Live Rock (purchased uncured) Sand substrate Cycled for 3 weeks then added CUC Current stock:- 2 x clowns 1 x royal gramma 1 x angel cherub 1 x red banded wheeler goby / yellow...
  10. J

Should I get some phosphate remover?

Thanks - I buy my ro water at the moment but I do travel further to the LFS that sells it with 0 TDS. Buying my own is something I'm looking into.
  11. J

Thank you - the only algae problem I have is diatoms on the sand. I syphon them at water changes but within 2 days they are back. I have tried adjusting the water flow which has helped a bit. My rocks were uncured rock when I bought them and have been in the tank about 2 1/2 months now. I...
  12. J

Am I the only newbie?

Thanks all :)
  13. J

Should I get a couple more Narcarrius snails to help with moving the sand bed?
  14. J

Am I the only newbie?

Have so many questions but feel I am taking all the posts!! Anyone else had their tank running for a couple of months?
  15. J

Thank you - I don't think I over feed (1/2 frozen cube that I defrost and rinse in RO water) for 4 fish daily. It is still quite a new tank (nearly 3 months). I do get detritus on the sand which I syphon off when I water change but my rocks have nice patches of deep red coraline and a few pink...
  16. J

Has anyone else got an "all-in-one" around 95L?

Has any one got the Kent Marine Bioreef 95L or any similar size where it is the "all-in-one" with no sump and just back chambers?
  17. J

Hi I did a 25% water change yesterday with 0 TDS. My salt water mix was 0-2 nitrates and 0 phosphates. After the water change my nitrate dropped to 15 and phosphates 0.12 - I have just tested today (I fed 1/3 frozen cube defrosted and rinsed with RO last night plus a few pods again rinsed in...
  18. J

High nitrates / phosphates

I did a 25% water change yesterday with 0 TDS. My salt water mix was 0-2 nitrates and 0 phosphates. After the water change my nitrate dropped to 15 and phosphates 0.12 - I have just tested today (I fed 1/3 frozen cube defrosted and rinsed with RO last night plus a few pods again rinsed in RO)...
  19. J

Yes - I worry that I am underfeeding - I feed 1/3 cube which by the time its rinsed gives each fish a few bits each - anything that does reach the sand is very quickly gobbled by my large fire shrimp. Do you think that is about the right amount for 2 clowns, a royal gramma and a goby?
  20. J

Thanks - is that one of those that bind the nitrates and phosphates and then skim out?