Search results

1. Shawntay

Is this normal

Hi so I'm still a bit new to saltwater tanks and I want to see if I'm going in the right direction. Here is the back story for those that aren't following my tank thread. So I'm in the process of probably killing this tank. I added my sand, 70lbs of dry rock, and about 10lbs of live rock I...
  2. Shawntay

Moving water

Hello, I am working on my first tank and made the mistake (well it feels like one to me) of making my first 32gallon batch of RO/DI water in my basement. I figured the 50ft siphon would be fine to get the water up to my living room where my tank is located. well....nope. i have to siphon some...
  3. Shawntay

Vortech advice

Hi all. I am looking for a bit of advice about getting a used Vortech MP40wES. I have the opportunity to get two for $200. I was about to go online to order just 1 for my 75 gallon tank. According to the flow calculator from Ecotech's site my tank really only needs 1 mp40 and I could possibly...
  4. Shawntay

Ecotech lights for 75 gal

I read on a lfs site that they recommend 2 Radion XR30W for a 75 gallon tank whose's dimensions are 48in. x 18in. x 22in. Would that be correct. I was planning on getting two XR15Ws. Do I need the 30s? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Shawntay

my first tank

Greetings All, this is my first tank. so far she is empty. i posted on my 'new to the reef' thread what she will run. here is is below: Eshopps Eclipse Overflow 2 x EcoTech Radion XR15W 1 x Ecotex MP40w-QD reeflink 2 x Eheim 1250 Coralife 125g skimmer Trigger System CRYS30E sump (not sure...
  6. Shawntay

New to the Reef

Hi, I'm Shawntay. I am new to the reef. Literally and figuratively. I have wanted to have a reef tank for a long time now. My family is really big on freshwater tanks so that is what I grew up around and have had a few of my own. For the last month I have been 'studying' everything I could to...