Search results

1. Wet Nerd

HELP! FLATWORMS ON MY BEAUTIFUL CHILD!

Forgot to mention (likely doesn't matter but oh well) My trates are 15 ppm which is not great. trites and ammonia are zero
  2. Wet Nerd

HELP! FLATWORMS ON MY BEAUTIFUL CHILD!

I have this torch in a 3 month old tank (I like to live dangerously ;)) I come back home from vacation. Bam. Two flatworms on the skeleton AND tentacles. I'm kinda spooked, as i saved money for the torch for like two weeks, and I don't want coral deaths or an infestation. I have heard of...
  3. Wet Nerd

Hello :0 This is a guide to help with stocking biocube.

Also, i purposely did not put six lines in here. Cubes aren't that great for six lines because they are super fast and like long tanks. They are also very agressive in cubes.
  4. Wet Nerd

Hello :0 This is a guide to help with stocking biocube.

I am def. no expert. I have 3 month experience in the saltwater hobby, but i have researched and experimented with stocking much. A FAQ i always see is something about stocking a biocube. This guide is not set in stone, as some people are conservative stockers but here you go. List (i obviously...
  5. Wet Nerd

HELP! Can i keep kenya tree without an infestation?

The coral itself. I have a frag right now and I like it but i've heard horror stories of it taking over the tank. Is there anyway to prevent this?
  6. Wet Nerd

HELP! How long can i go without flow or filtration (chemiclean)

So the guy at my lfs said to not use filtration while using chemiclean for 2 days (when chemiclean is done working.) So i was turning off my filter on my biocube 29 when i realized that the filter and air pumps are connected! So then i asked myself about if my fish will die without flow (I also...
  7. Wet Nerd

RATE MY NEW TANK!

Hmm. I get what you're saying, but i don't see why it will do any better at the pet shop. I can't return it to its natural habitat. I see no point in returning it. I'm just going to take care of him as much as a I can and not get another one.
  8. Wet Nerd

RATE MY NEW TANK!

Hmm. So you think it will starve? I would think if it didn't starve yet, the copepods are reproducing faster than they are being eaten. I'm considering returning it... Also, could i do 5 fish for the tank?
  9. Wet Nerd

RATE MY NEW TANK!

It would be awesome if you could review the rock scape!
  10. Wet Nerd

RATE MY NEW TANK!

Thanks for the reply! My tank is teeming with pods, my pipefish has been in there for a 1.5 months and is going strong. The rock is super porous so i think it's okay with just 4 fish. If you scroll down, you can see more than the shrimp, it's a picture album online :).
  11. Wet Nerd

Starting a new tank, Nitrate nightmare

That's not too high. Sure, not optimal at all but won't kill anything.
  12. Wet Nerd

RATE MY NEW TANK!

Hello! This is my tank so far. I have a 29 gallon biocube. I currently have 2 fire shrimp (I think they're mated :O) One emerald crab (I got a friendly one! Woo!) A pair of ocellaris clowns, one fire goby, and a mature dragon face pipefish. I only have 16 pounds of super porous live rock, but my...
  13. Wet Nerd

HELP! Spirobis and snails dying (nitrates were 100 ppm!)

Spirobis are spreading everywhere! I know they border on beneficial, but damn are they ugly. How do i exterminate them? i cant just scrape all of em off my rock and glass! Also, my snails are sluggish because of high nitrate. Will a water change help, and how do i quickly tell if they are dead...
  14. Wet Nerd

HELP! Overstocked in a 29 biocube?

Hello. I have a 29 gallon biocube with 16 lbs of live rock. Before you violently rip my throat out, i have aprox 2'' live sand. I have two little ocellaris clowns, one full grown fire goby, one dragonface pipefish, 1 emerald crab, 2 fire shrimp and some snails. Am i overstocked? Will I have too...
  15. Wet Nerd

Build Thread.

Added another fire shrimp wednesday. Older fire shrimp was chasing it off. They're fine now, and one motled. Preparing for corals
  16. Wet Nerd

HELP! SHRIMP BATTLES IN A BIOCUBE29! HEEELLPPP

One molted and they're both fine. I think they are tolerating each other.
  17. Wet Nerd

Damn. That sucks.
  18. Wet Nerd

I had a fire shrimp 2.75 inches. He chilled under a rock cave. Pretty peaceful, didn't harm anything. Introduced another one, slightly smaller (2.25 inches?) He flips the out. When the shrimp went near his cave, he lunged at it. I made a mini cave for the little one. My larger one also lunged at...
  19. Wet Nerd

Build Thread.

Crab died, i thought. Under closer inspection, it molted! I notice my cardinal acting odd and hoped it would be okay. After school, i noticed it gone and it never hides. I am 99% sure it's dead. :(