Search results

1. I

Dap Silicone option

Why would you take the chance? Aquarium sealant is 100% safe, Why risk everything to save a measly couple of bucks? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. I

HELP! Advice needed - algae and rust on filter

Stanley scrapers will work, and are cheap enough to throw away. I always stick them through the dishwasher first to get off any production residue. Wet and dry paper seems to have no bad reaction either... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. I

Is my anemone dying?

Totally agree; the idea was just to offer small food to ascertain if it was "sticky" and feeding, as opposed to give it a daily dose. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. I

Is my anemone dying?

Simple question; is it shrinking? I don't mean _today_, I mean is it smaller than it was say, a month ago? If yes, then it's probably dying If no, then it could well be just getting ready to "excrete" or maybe even split. These guys are usually quite sticky... what happens if you use a turkey...
  5. I

Some Say Yes, Some Say No...

If the live rock is "cured" then go right ahead, BUT you run the risk of introducing pests and hitch hikers in which you probably don't want. You may want to quarantine, and monitor what starts growing on it. Make sure the rock is up the same way in your display tank, as it was in the store, as...
  6. I

multipe marine bettas

Just found this... http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/9/fish Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. I

Too much flow for a 130?

It all depends what you're keeping, and how much rock-work you have... My setup (Reefspace 900, 60 USG tank) has minimal rock-work, and soft corals: adding a pair of RW8s resulted in a sandstorm and all the frags pulled into one calm area at the back of the tank, on anything past setting 2...
  8. I

Has anyone ever...

I've done this a number of times... Periwinkles are fantastic glass-cleaners, but will climb down the tank, so you really need to check at least once a day! They can cope with far higher temps than we get in our tanks; they will sit above the waterline in full sun in their native areas, and...
  9. I

Return Plumbing help

Spa flex is pretty much a standard in the pool industry, it's cheap and a direct alternative to sch80 rigid pipe Imo, short lengths of a foot or so, do nothing for vibration or sound deadening. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. I

Add a Small Glass or Acrylic Wedge to Sump?

I'm with this... ^ What about using a plastic tablecloth clip? They're made to go over virtually any thickness of table, and have a perfect flat edge to mount a switch on. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. I

Fragging Kenya tree

I've done this a good few times... If the coral is freshly cut, then yes, the slime can be dipped in sand, but leave it "loose" so it adheres to the coral before glueing to rock. If the frag has already healed, then spread superglue gel on the end and dip in sand, and allow to dry first, before...
  12. I

Great Barrier Reef on TV

Get yourself a trial DNS or VPN and set it to the UK... Fantastic programme! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. I

Most Cost Effective Place to Buy CUC Online?

'Not really certain that I am really "over feeding" just that there seems to be a huge amount ends up on the sand, and a huge amount of "movement" around the tank when it does! There's nothing left within a few minutes either. (Forgot to mention there's a dozen common shrimps on there too...
  14. I

Most Cost Effective Place to Buy CUC Online?

I'm a great believer in overdoing the clean up crew ... I reckon I've got about fifty snails and thirty hermits in my 50g together with five serpent stars... The difference to the tank was virtually instant: Crabs clean the rocks, stars sift through the sand, and the snails work their magic on...