Search results

1. tystank

What should I put in my refugium?

Hi Everyone! I am planning to put a sump and refugium in my RSM 130 and was wondering what was the best thing to put in the refugium.As I am a beginner I don't want to get too carried away and so will go nice and steady,stocking it as a reef tank with corals and some fish. As I said I want...
  2. tystank

Common Diseases Found In Reef Tanks

Hi everyone, I have not long started a reef tank and at the moment I am currently reading everything I can to ensure a stable and healthy aquarium.At the moment everything is going well and all my inhabitants are well and healthy although this may not always be the case.If something should...
  3. tystank

Putting Hands In A Tank

Hi Everyone, I have recently set up an RSM 130, all is going well and have started to add a few things.When I got the tank it came with established live rock that I decided to keep but it had some xenia attached.I have read numerous threads about keeping it in check which range from adding rock...
  4. tystank

MP10 or MP40

Hi Guys, I'm going to get a powerhead for my RSM 130 and have a question. If I get an MP40 can I turn it down enough that it wont blow everything around my tank? Or should I just get the MP10? The reason I ask is that if in future I decide to upgrade to a larger tank I would like not to have...
  5. tystank

A Great Site!!

Hi Guys, I just wanted to say that this is a great site and a fantastic resource for beginners such as me.I have found an abundance of information in the thousands of old threads and I will say that any beginner should take the time and read them.We call it the Oracle in our house as it knows...
  6. tystank

Porphyra Leucosticta

Hi All, I have noticed a small red leaf sprouting from my live rock and have been keeping an eye on it.It first appeared 4 days ago and is gradually growing but not at an alarming rate.I have Googled it and from what I can tell it is Porphyra Leucosticta and form of algae,my question is should...
  7. tystank

How long should my lights on my RSM 130 be on and off?

Hi. Well all is going well at the moment and things are settling down nicely but I was wondering how long my lights should be on for. At the moment they come on at 7am and the LED's come on at 9pm until morning.I have read a number of articles and they either conflict with each other or they...
  8. tystank

RSM 130 Upgrades

Hi Guys, I'm new to all this and after getting every book I can read about reefs and sitting looking at an empty tank I finally think its time to put water in my tank and start. I have purchased a RSM 130 and have researched this as I have with everything else such as fish,corals etc and would...