Search results

1. silver97

Taking down the tank...

I have come to the realization that I'm not able to adequately care for my tank anymore. I haven't done maintenance to it in a while and it looks terrible, with cyano basically covering everything. The whole system I have going is inefficient at clearing out contaminants and I have had enough of...
  2. silver97

BioCube owners, need some input

I am looking at potentially buying a BioCube 32 LED soon and have a question about the stand that comes with it in some bundles. I think Coralife makes the stand themselves? Whatever the case, to me it looks cheap. Like I would find something similar at Ikea and it would work just as well if not...
  3. silver97

Long time since last post, need some advice!

It has been a while since my last post (August i think) and I just need a little advice moving forward right now. My tank has been having some issues as of late, (40g breeder w/10g sump) and its really been stressing me out. Hair algae has taken over, along with bubble algae. Almost all of the...
  4. silver97

Suggestions for new LED's

So I am at that point where I finally have some more money and have the ability to upgrade to some new LED lighting. Problem is I don't want to spend a fortune and while I have a general idea of what I want, I would appreciate others' thoughts on this since a lot of the users here have more...
  5. silver97

Quite a scare.....

Saw this online today and found it kind of funny but also cool, I thought some of you guys on here would also find it interesting! http://wgntv.com/2015/10/15/957378/
  6. silver97

Valentini Puffer?

I was in Petco the other day and noticed a valentini puffer. It looked really cool, and when I saw it only got to be about 4 inches at its max and only needed a 30 gallon tank I got really excited! My tank is a 40 gallon reef tank. I've done a bit of research on it and have a few questions Is...
  7. silver97

Silver97's Official tank chronicle

Hello! Figured I should at least start a thread if I was going to be asking questions on here, so here goes nothing! I just hope this turns out to be as impressive as the other chronicles on here... My tank: It is a 40 gal reef tank, used all my graduation money and money i saved from working...
  8. silver97

Mystery frag...

Hi all! Ive just recently started my tank, its only about 2 months old now, and when i first went to get fish i got a frag of what i thought was some xenia coral. Within the past week, and after studying various other types of corals id like to have, i realized mine doesn't look like a xenia as...
  9. silver97

New to the sw game..

I have recently created a saltwater reef tank that has been running for about 2 months now. It is 40 gallons, would have gone bigger but money was somewhat tight. I have a Fluval 306 filter cleaning it right now, a hydor koralia pump with 850 g pump flow, and an orbit marine LED light fixture...