Search results

1. M

Dosing red sea no3 po4 and reef energy a and b

For the time the skimmer is turned off it will be fine, as long as you remember to turn back on again. I used to dose nopox in the morning and use energy A & B in the evening as light went out, corals feed better that way and then nopox hasn't just been dosed either. Plenty of time apart.
  2. M

Upgrade & Build Begins !

Thanks. Will write that down so I remember.
  3. M

Upgrade & Build Begins !

I am not sure in gallons. But current tank total water volume is about 1400ltrs. New tank will be. DT 2043ltrs sump 554 litres. So yes a lot of water
  4. M

Upgrade & Build Begins !

We did think about temp homes. But really near impossible. We have over 100 corals & 10 tangs. Would be a mess farming them all around the place. Hence the bigger tank so we are just going to have to find a way to move this current tank & get it up & running in. Different location. No choice really
  5. M

Upgrade & Build Begins !

Ok, I don't know why really, but I suppose the fish & corals need more room. The current tank has filled quickly. The fish are growing fast and we are selling corals right left and center to create room. We thought it would take forever to fill this tank, but it appears we are slightly more...
  6. M

White milky growth

Is it slimy to touch ? Jelly like ? Pic looks a bit like cyno bacteria ? Often occurring in low flow areas first. So not so much light dependant as flow dependent. I recently had an outbreak and always assumed cyno was red , like most pictures show but trust me it comes in brown & green too. I...
  7. M

HELP! Help!!!!

Once you realised did you add conditioner straight into the tank ? It will still work just have to dose more for the water volume of hole tank now. And yes double check salinity
  8. M

Aussie Peninsular Video.

Thank you. We decided when we first started that we wanted a variety of colours. We are lucky we have been able to achieve it
  9. M

Stupid question !!!

one problem with this is that the new tank need to go exactly where the old tank is sitting right now. so not possible to have both tanks running at the same time. Surely if all the live rock form old tank is put in the sump of the new tank a cycle could be avoided ?
  10. M

Stupid question !!!

Ok, hope this doesn't appear to be too stupid but I really am after some advice please. I have read a lot of info on cycling and have a good understanding of the bacteria cycle. But I just dont want to risk any of my existing livestock. My first tank was purchased 2nd hand - up running and...
  11. M

Aussie Peninsular Video.

Oh I haven't given up on gonis. Still my fav coral. I still have 8-9 left. And these remain healthy ! Thank you !
  12. M

Aussie Peninsular Video.

HI, First of all I would like to say thank you for all the people that voted for this tank to win Tank of the Month. It means a lot to a newbie reefer like myself & it helps me stay very motivated for the future. I thought instead of keeping a photo diary of the tank, I would start taking a...
  13. M

VOTE for November 2015'so TOTM!

Thank you
  14. M

Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

As always. Great shots , stunning corals , superb colours. Sensational.
  15. M

HELP! Clam gaping?

Often when we have purchased clams the assistant takes very little care on its removal and tears it's foot. The fact he never attatched again suggests that may be the problem. The foot looks very similar to an anenome foot,next time you buy a clan make sure it's still attached to its base in...
  16. M

HELP! Clam gaping?

They have a foot that attaches to rock or glass to hold them steady. Sometimes if you forcefully move them the foot rips & bacterial infection sets in. But if you gently pry then off being very careful of foot they are generally fine. We move ours all the time. They will also detach their own...
  17. M

HELP! Clam gaping?

Oh that's awful so sorry. Can I ask - did you aclimate him before going in tank ? They are fairly sensitive creatures a sudden change in parameters would have stressed her. I don't actually think it was your fault, clams will generally deteriorate over quite a few weeks not die in 4 days...
  18. M

VOTE for November 2015'so TOTM!

Wow. Thank you. Never won anything before, wrapped. Thanks to all the people who voted too and to this forum for being as friendly & informative as it is.