Search results

1. A

Article About Aquaculture

A while back I saw a link here to an article about the fish farms in the Red Sea and how the huge numbers of fish are producing nitrates there. If anyone has a link to this article that i'm referring to, can you please post it here. I've been searching for it for a while now and I need it for...
  2. A

New Pics of Hex and Breeder!

First I'll post a bunch of pics out of my 40 Hex.
  3. A

Kalk Reactor and Tank Move

1. Can someone explain to me how a kalk reactor works. I'm in the planning stages of my next tank which will be sps dominated. I plan on using a calcium reactor along with kalk reactor for auto-topoff. 2. Also. Me and my girlfriend will be moving from NJ to florida next year or so. I...
  4. A

Hamilton 14k

Does anyone out there have experience with this bulb? Good, Bad? Its almost time to replace the xm 20k and i would like something a bit brighter. Thanks is advance -Austin
  5. A

Pinched Clam

Hey everyone. One of the maximas in my sps system appears to have a slightly pinched mantle. It has been this way for the past 4 or 5 days. Absolutely nothing has changed and all water parameters are perfect. The clam is near the sandbed in a 20 or 22 inch high tnak ( i cant remember the...
  6. A

AquaMedic?

Does anyone know where i would be able to find Aqua Medic replacement parts. I need a new pump hose for my dosing pump and I cant find a source that sells them. The pump model is SP 3000. Any help is appreciated Thanks Austin
  7. A

Six line and pyramids snails

How useful are six line wrasses at eating pyramid snails. In my 40 breeder, there are no clams but the pyramids have rapidly established themselves while feeding on my astreas. I pull the pyramids i see out every day And have now begun checking every single snail. I pulled out all empty...
  8. A

New Pics of the 40 Breeder

Here are some updated pics
  9. A

This is a bad Crab

This guy came with an acro colony. I knew it wasnt commensal but i let him stay just to see. He was later caught red-clawed ripping sps polyps out. Sorry the pic is hard to see, but he is greenish brown, slightly fuzzy legs, black-tipped claws, and bright blue eyes.
  10. A

Future tank plans

Here is a plan for my dream setup. This view would be looking at the back of the tank from a fishroom (I hope). Now mind you, i drew this in microsoft paint with a lap-top computer touch pad type mouse, so it took me a long time. What i am asking is, does anyone see any flaws in the setup...
  11. A

Hello Everybody

How ya doin everyone. Just finally got a chance to register over here at the Sanctuary, but i have been lurking for some time. Just thought I'd say whats up. Heres a few pics of my tank that I posted over at RAG