Search results

1. A

Happy Birthday AustinReef!

thanks. its my 21st
  2. A

Ca & Alk are ok pH still low

1 acre of dense forest consumes the same amount of CO2 in one year that the average car puts off every 26,000 miles. Just a little fyi for ya.
  3. A

Article About Aquaculture

A while back I saw a link here to an article about the fish farms in the Red Sea and how the huge numbers of fish are producing nitrates there. If anyone has a link to this article that i'm referring to, can you please post it here. I've been searching for it for a while now and I need it for...
  4. A

Some Key West Scenery

Beautiful pics BTW
  5. A

Some Key West Scenery

I just came back from Key West. How did you like Duval Street? The fishing and diving down there is incredible.
  6. A

Phytoplankton / Who uses it

i only dose cyclop-eeze. All of my sps and lps open up their feeder tentacles as soon as this stuff hits the water. Plus my fish like it too
  7. A

Hamilton 14k

I wonder what the PAR rating on the 14k is. According to Cnidarianreef.com, The CV 20k has a higher PAR than the 15k did on a PFO standard ballast.
  8. A

New Pics of Hex and Breeder!

Lets see some pics of the 10ks. Hope they work out well for you. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. -Austin
  9. A

heres a pick that shows how active a 2-3 inch sand bed can be. I have 30lbs of gulf-view live sand rubble mixed with 10-20lbs of fiji pink 1-2mm sand
  10. A

New fish

I always wanted to try a Potters angel. I know i could support one, but i'm afraid for my clams
  11. A

Kalk Reactor and Tank Move

what company makes yours Brucey?
  12. A

No more sand for me!

i'll wait for others to chime in but heres my 2 cents. My ceriths spend a great deal of time in the sand. I think they would survive without it though. Watchmans are pretty adaptable and i think it would just find a nice small cave or crevice to call home. If the scooter is eating prepared...
  13. A

XMs on Crack!!!

I have been running mine since january. I'm going to replace mine soon since i have noticed a slight drop in growth. Although recently, the spectrum appears really nice. All of my corals colored up really nice under the 20k xm
  14. A

Brucey, The brain just started receding from one end one day last year. I ended up giving the brain a Kent Marine coral dip and it has slowly recovered. It still hasnt fully regrown on the side that started receding.
  15. A

I think a 40 breeder is the perfect tank for a smaller budget.
  16. A

New lights some Macro shots.

Your pics make me want to stay with my 20k. I love those zoos too
  17. A

opinion on skimmers= sps water

I just graduated to a Remora. Cant say from experience with anything larger. I do like what i read about the AquaC EV series though.
  18. A

I cant wait (sort of) to tear down the tank and really plan things out like you have with your tank. Its gonna be a hassle, but i think it will be well worth it to have my original sps frags grow out in a much more organized and larger tank.
  19. A

Yeh i tried to narrow mine down but its just a shot in the dark. Its my favorite coral as it colored up from a very dull brown to a deep purple under the 20ks and has doubled in size in less than a year. I'm worried if i switch to 10ks, it will go brown again. Wit, my sister and brother...
  20. A

I'm from Bayville. 10 minutes south of Toms River. How bout you?