Search results

1. jubbers

Honorably discharged from the Delta Force and back to the US of A

I can't reveal too many details since what I did was strictly covert. But, I can give a "general" statement. I was deployed and waiting some where in Syria waiting for a target to show. I waited two days to take care of target with a high powered rifle. Did not have a good vantage point to do...
  2. jubbers

tested my water today....

heres the parameters PH-8.1 Nitrite-.05 Nitrate-0 Amonia-0
  3. jubbers

MH with supplemental lighting?

If I put two MH pendants over my 55 Gal. aquarium would I need supplemental lighting or would it be fine?
  4. jubbers

And so it begins, jubbers 55 g. reef build

well i have built the frame of my stand, got the tank,heater, salt, and as soon as i get this camera fixed will be posting pics.:clink: :shades:
  5. jubbers

Saltwater.

i am planning on getting some brute containers to mix salt and RO/DI water in, any suggestions on mixing large quanities, i want to mix large quanities to avoid variations. Also that way i have plenty for water changes or emergencies.
  6. jubbers

any woodworkers? aquarium stand doors ?

i am building my new aquarium up.(55gal.) i have built the frame and still got to put the paneling on, but i want some advice or info. on building doors for my new stand. i want the doors fairly large so i can fit the sump and supplies under.
  7. jubbers

weather thread

state location and weather going on right now in your location. i'm in NE and there are tornadoes.:snow: :tumble:
  8. jubbers

water flow question?

how many of these should i get? for my 55 gal. reef tank measuring..48"x20"x12" Hydor Koralia 3 Circulation Pump/Powerhead UL 850 gph (Aquarium > Water Pumps > Powerheads > Pumps )
  9. jubbers

Lighting questions...

would these lights be all i need to put under canopy? Catalina Aquarium
  10. jubbers

OT: Patriots all they way baby!

:winner: :winner: :bluenod: Pats going to superbowl 42! go pats! any patriots fans?
  11. jubbers

clowns picking up substrate!!?

ok, like my clowns have been hanging really close to this dead barnacle. they vibrate and shake all around and hang their all the time just the 2 of them. recentl i've been seeing one of them pick up peices of substrate in it's mouth and carrying it to a different spot in the tank and drop it...
  12. jubbers

PC's on SPS?

i thought of putting these over my 55g.(20" deep) for sps would it be suitable: 48" SunPaq Retrofit 4x65 watt: Premium Aquatics according to this they would be o.k.: Lighting: Premium Aquatics
  13. jubbers

sump or canister filter?

i was going to get a canister filter or sump which one? Catalina Aquarium SUMP/REFUGIUM FOR 200 GAL TANK
  14. jubbers

SPS lighting?

i want to get SPS corals and i heard VHO's are a good MH alternative is this true:"VHO - Very High Output: VHO looks just like your regular standard bulbs, except with the use of special Electronic Ballasts, they can put out more wattage. An example, standard 48" bulb is 40 watts 48" VHO bulb is...
  15. jubbers

Metal Halides Wanted!!

Metal halide fixture(s) for 55g. measuring 48"x14"x18", any suggestions?
  16. jubbers

METAL HALIDES, anyone?

i am looking for metal halide fixture(s) for my 55 gallon 48"x14"x18" i want them to be under $300 please, any suggestions?
  17. jubbers

55 gallon aquarium stand.

i want to build a 55 gallon aquarium stand for my aquariums any ideas or links?
  18. jubbers

VHO's

i think for my new 55 gallon i will construct a canopy. in the canopy i will put a VHO retrofit, here is the link: Aquadirect :: Lighting :: VHO Fluorescent :: ARO VHO Retros :: ARO 48" 4 Lamp VHO Retro Kit it has a total of 440 watts it says, it has 4 lamps, and a ballast, all i have to do...
  19. jubbers

my 55 gallon adventure.

i just got a 55 gallon aquarium 48"inches. i am on the hunt for equipment,
  20. jubbers

stocking question?

i have a 55 gallon aquarium i haven't got any equipment yet, but i am planning everything out including the fish. my question is in a 55 gallon would this be too many fish; regal tang threadfin butterflyfish heniochus or wimplefish(butterflyfish) pair of true percula clownfish and maybe two...