Search results

1. FrootStick

Coral feeding, What do you use?

Hey All, So I've gotten over some hurdles my tank put in my way. Everything is starting to look good again. Finally! I'm looking at starting to feed my corals. Mainly LPS with a few SPS and some softies. So a mixed bag! I was feeding Reef Roids, a few times a week and occasionally drop in some...
  2. FrootStick

HELP! 1 Tank Into Another

Cheers guys. Hoping it all goes well. Won't be for a couple of weeks yet. But looking for options and possible problems now. I will have to put the live rock in guys, as a lot of the coral is attached to the pieces. I'm getting
  3. FrootStick

Best flow for my tank

Hey guys Ive looking at a lot of videos on the net and people have nice gentle back to fourth flow in their tanks. I have 2 x mp40's and was wondering the best way to set them up in my reefer 350? I have an apex system also. This is one thing I have not setup to my liking yet and seems to be a...
  4. FrootStick

HELP! 1 Tank Into Another

Hey guys So my mate is shutting his tank down, and I'm taking his stuff. Live rock, corals, fish and so on. His tank is in great condition with. I issues at all. I was wondering as my tank is also established, would it be ok to put his stuff starting into my tank? He had a 130 litre tank and...
  5. FrootStick

Bio Pellets and Skimmer

Bio pellets in reactor suit my needs far better. I work away 3 weeks at a time.
  6. FrootStick

Bio Pellets and Skimmer

My thoughts exactly mate. People were telling me to dose vinegar and glucose. But it's the same thing. Thanks I will give it a go!
  7. FrootStick

Bio Pellets and Skimmer

Hey guys Looking at running bio pellets, but can really plumb it up to my skimmer. Is this necessary? Or can i run the reactor without it being plumber directly to my skimmer. Any info on this would be great. Thanks
  8. FrootStick

First Dosing Setup

Would I be best to dose kalk to start if with? Seems a little easier to start with. I've been doing a lot of reading, and kalk seems the way to go. I was looking into the stirrers and connecting it to my ATO. But opinions would've greatly appreciated. As iWork away from home a lot of the...
  9. FrootStick

First Dosing Setup

So guys, the time has come. Really looking into a dosing pump as my next buy. What brands or pumps do you guys use? I was looking into the pacific sun kore 5th, but I'm sure there are other great ones out there.
  10. FrootStick

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Tank looks awesome mate! What's that on the glass above your daughters head?
  11. FrootStick

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

What pump you running on the reactor bud? Is that your apex probe rack in the return section on the sump?
  12. FrootStick

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Yeah they look good. I'm thinking of getting one! Slow and steady mate. Have not really had a lot of spare time to do a hell of a lot apart from maintenance and cycling. Have added my 2 clowns and they are very happy. Also a couple of small corals which seem to be doing great. I do a 4 weeks on...
  13. FrootStick

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

BRS dual reactor any good mate? Look pretty bloody big to!
  14. FrootStick

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

What dual reactor are you running mate? And what you running in it?
  15. FrootStick

Carpet Anemone Do's and Dont's

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a yellow carpet anemone. I've never kept one before so have a few questions regarding them. Where is the best place for them to be kept? What are the ideal parameters? Feeding? And really anything else that would be good for me to know. Thanks
  16. FrootStick

RedSea Reefer 350 - and so it begins

Yeah for some reason I have to adjust the valve quite often as the water stops coming through? It ain't blocked because when I open it up more it drops again!
  17. FrootStick

RedSea Reefer 350 - and so it begins

Hey mate. Had any problems with your ATO stopping? Mine is constantly stopping every couple of days and needs to be reset.
  18. FrootStick

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Don't think you have to plug it Into the eb8 with the WXM module? It all connects wireless didn't it?
  19. FrootStick

New tank. Bit confused

By the time I get home from work it would have been 33 days since adding water and live rock. Just curious about his algae now.
  20. FrootStick

New tank. Bit confused

Hey guys. Just an update on my situation. So had to take the shrimp out. The mrs said it was stinking the house out haha. So never got an ammonia reading, now nitrite and nitrate are also reading 0 and I did do a water change????? Also had a mass bloom of brown hair algae over the past week.