Search results

1. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Fast forward to day 10. At day 9 you can add fish. I skipped that and did some drops of DrTim. Today is day 10. Today we went shopping for our cats, and in the same store there is an saltwater department. So together with my 2 daughters we went to the saltwater area. When we arrived i...
  2. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

And today it is day 7. Tested NH3 / No3 & PH: PH 8.2 NO3 & NH3 0. Things going well as far i can judge. Water is crystal clear. Nothing like algae to see. Coming weekend we go for a few coral frags, at least i hope :D My wife needs food for the cats, so thats a good moment to join her...
  3. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Meanwhile day 6 Always nice to get gifts when arriving home after work When things getting hot. A nice small blower. on the tank mounted not that great to see. But it is just for to be sure. and a nice bad for the new corals before they go into the tank. tomorrow day 7 and time...
  4. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

During the evening I noticed that the Max made some waterfall noise. Not a biggie. But after a few days I thought, this cannot be how it is designed. Meanwhile in my head flashed up, I had 1 sponge left from building. So I took the manual with me and searched. And yes, I forgot to put in a...
  5. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Hi Brittle star 11. Very nice. Pictures! :) Meanwhile i did my first water test. I’m at day 2. So i need to check : PH 8.2 NO2 <0.15 NH3 almost not measurable Further the tank is doing fine. The water is crystal clear. Skimmer is off. No filtersock. Light is out. So we are good to...
  6. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Today i started with DrTim. First part is the one and only. Full bottle in the tank. Removed the filterbag, shutdown the skimmer. Now 2 weeks no messing in the sand on the bottom. Bacteria need to get grib i guess ;) Following the program. I’m at Day 1. So we have now officially...
  7. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Lol. Gym? sounds like an disease? ;) I do powerlifting. Chess.. Meanwhile my mini tank is reaching 29.5C or 85.4F. To high, and it goes to fast up and down. Decided to go for a chiller. Was thinking to get the Teco tk 150. Must see if it can be fitted in the tank. I'm totally noob with...
  8. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

With a bit luck tomorrow or Friday the drTim will arrive. So we can start. Today I received my window cleaner. Flipper. Handy little tool. In my old tank I had an big one, I tried it in the nano that was no success. the whole nano was shaking during using it. So that's why this little one...
  9. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Meanwhile filled the tank. So as soon this week the bacteria arrive we can call it a start. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
  10. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Cleared the sand. Put in the Pilar and the sand. Looking good already.
  11. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Since we are waiting for drTim stuff it give me some time to play with the light. Wow. What an possibilities. I’m used to : On / off. I have now selected the 18k program and sunrise at 10:00 I believe it runs till 21:00. Will see this afternoon. I checked at 10:00 and indeed there is some...
  12. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Was thinking about leveling. And I was not completely happy. So we tried to get it a bit better. And we succeeded for our standards :) So pretty much happy that we get a bit more leveled. Before : After : What has changed: Front right foot we added 5 mm Rear right foot...
  13. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Part 2. the box. Unwrapping. always fun. I got an eheim heater, but where to put it. It is a petty long heater.. So found a place in the skimmer chamber where I can put him. Building the box was pretty straightforward. Only thing I had issues with was connecting the return pump. It...
  14. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Today was the day to start building the cabinet. The oldest daughter together with mom where horse riding. The oldest daughter is the one which I build the c250 5 years ago. The youngest was at that time save inside the belly of mom :) So we had some time for the 2 of us to play and build...
  15. Rini

Fresh start in Holland

Hello all, Hereby I open my new dagboek. Before I start, excuse me for my English. I'm from The Netherlands, and I'm not daily speaking /writing it. The past weeks I was looking for a new tank. And I had a few candidates. The Red Sea max nano The Bluemarine reef 60 Waterbox 20. From...
  16. Rini

Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

After a few years not very active i’m a bit back. Work, 2 kids and so on kept me a bit busy. At this moment i’m tankless. Why? My thank was doing very well, i ran the complete Red Sea program. Only Red Sea products to say. And with this I drove my tank on auto pilot. When for example MG was...
  17. Rini

Small update about the RO device. Have contacted the company where I got mine from. Seems mine has some issues that can be solved with replacing this and that. Do this and that. And then hope it works. Decided to go for another device. They advised me to go for this device: Osmopure 75 BA...
  18. Rini

And indeed. I have an issue with the RO device. I did refil my DI filter with Resin. And I still measure 0,08 phosphate in the water. Wil go for a new RO device. I bought mine a some years ago basically for our fresh water tank. Basically a bit phosphate is not that bad for plants. So new...
  19. Rini

New week new chances. Yesterday I tested the water. dKH 10.2 --> Need a bit adjustment to go back to 12. Working on that CA : 500. Aiming at 470. Will stop dosing for 2 days. And then back again as normal. MG 1480: As well a bit higher as normal. So for this I will stop dosing 3 days and test...
  20. Rini

Tank turned 49 this year

Seems i'm the opposite of you, building/ creating wise. What I envy is that you are that much creative. If I look at the Sesame-street wall. Well that make me jealous because I can't. When / if you are coming to The Netherlands one day, give me a call. Still have a few walls that need some...