Search results

1. Squatch XXL

PSU’s Peninsula

I get this sometimes, and it has something to do with data within the photo. I take photos, and use photo-editing programs to crop, and save the remaining and upload that. That new file is void of any photo data.
  2. Squatch XXL

Squatch's Continuing Adventure with a 40g breeder

Thanks! I can't seem to get zoas to grow quickly, but my acans are really getting huge. The goal was to keep things off the glass, and they are outgrowing the table I made for them. I was soon getting ready to mount them onto the rocks just to get them off of the bottom glass. The clowns...
  3. Squatch XXL

*EDIT* I looked at past photos, and since changing the bulbs out, the colors have become more pronounced. I cleaned up the unsightly algae on the bottom pane. I usually don't mind it, since its never on the rocks. Its a downside of having a bare bottom is that I now have to think about the...
  4. Squatch XXL

I was totally out of town for a bit over 5 months for work, with very very infrequent and small changes every other month. I have had a lot of time off the last 45 days, and have been feeding very well, and cleaning considerably. The colors since I changed the bulbs has gotten considerably...
  5. Squatch XXL

RS Members Full Tank Shots

That is a really neat in-wall setup. What size is that? Here is a photo of my 40 for the thread
  6. Squatch XXL

I have been out of town working the last 2 months. My wife has taken care of 2 jobs. Daily water top off, and 1 small weekly filter change in the sump. There was an emergency where the sump return pump failed, but I talked her through replacement on the phone. I had new lights...
  7. Squatch XXL

HELP! Aquascape existing tank, how to remove rock and drill without ruing rock

Nanoreefing4fun hit the nail on the head. Aside from sponges, a short period of time out of the tank will not have any major impact on the life of the rock. I have worked rocks in recent past as I transitioned to a bare bottom, and left rocks with anemones and corals out for a half hour...
  8. Squatch XXL

They are some sort of "green with pink bubbly tips" anemone. The others are RBTA. My tank is slowly turning into an anemone tank. I just noticed today that I had one more than I have in this photo. Thanks! Total bare bottom is incredibly easy to maintain. I am really glad I went this route...
  9. Squatch XXL

Equipment Maintenance Schedule

This is the only advice that really matters. My "schedule" is slightly different than Dave's, but overall the concept is the same. I can get a lot done during a two hour bi-weekly water change.
  10. Squatch XXL

Our local club had a frag swap a few weeks ago, and I picked up a new anemone. Of course it went in a bad spot. This weekend I decided to remove the bottom plastic eggcrate and go full bare bottom. This allowed me to isolate the anemones to their side of the tank, and I can still mess around...
  11. Squatch XXL

Pink pocci looks better, but not well. But overall everything looks content and fat.
  12. Squatch XXL

Mason Dixon Reef Club Annual Summer Swap 06-01-2019

I will be there early and at least until noon. It is an event, and feel free to introduce yourself.
  13. Squatch XXL

Mason Dixon Reef Club Annual Summer Swap 06-01-2019

Just bumping this one time as a reminder that the swap is this Saturday. Everything I said previously still applies.
  14. Squatch XXL

Tank is possibly recovered? The nems and acans seem fine still. Blue ridge coral also ok. I have a cyphestra on a piece of tile that is looking well also. I pulled out 1/3rd or more of the rocks that were in the tank, and have a few more on the next water change. I am going to a frag swap...
  15. Squatch XXL

Everything I know before I go Senile (From 2014)

I remember. I noticed most people are younger than me. I am still slightly faster than the older fat ones.
  16. Squatch XXL

mikejrice's 30 Gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo Reef

Man, I am sorry to hear about that. That is a real bummer. Obviously for you more than the rest of us, but I was really enjoying clicking on this thread and seeing the intense colors and thinking "Why can't I have that look?" What is your next plan of action MikeJRice?
  17. Squatch XXL

Uncle99 -70g rebuild

The layout of your rockwork is simply outstanding. Whatever you are doing is working quite well, and it is apparent from what I see that everything is happy & healthy. You have a very diverse selection of corals that is soothing to even look at in a still frame! Keep up the good work.
  18. Squatch XXL

2 months post crash. I think I figured it out. I had to look at notes to really see wtf I screwed up. I have a chemical slurry that I have been using successfully for over a year. Possibly more. It is white vinegar mixed with crushed coral and left to "cure" for a few weeks in a glass jar...
  19. Squatch XXL

Just starting out

I have to echo many of the same sentiments as @DaveK. A skimmerless system is possible, and 250l is a small-medium sized "reef" tank. A canister filter can become a headache very quickly. I have a few things I would advise anyone new to the hobby. Bare bottom would be something I would...